HP Compaq D530 Windows 7 won't see new video card: GeForce FX 5200

ruben1123

I know That hp compaq D530 is an old pc but thats why im trying to upgrade it i had this GeForce FX 5200 (3D) video card in another pc which had Linux on it so i took the video card and inserted it on my hp compaq as soon as my pc starts up the information of the GeForce video card comes up my computer continues to start up windows 7 loads but i noticed that my new video card didn't get detected and installed automaticly i've done lots of things but windows wont see my new video Card help plz?

Try cleaning the Video card contacts with a gum eraser and reseat. Change your BIOS to use your Video card and not the on-board.

i have done it in the bios
it was disabled and i saved the settings but i have restarted the computer and i looked again in the bios and the setting from the vga adapter (on-board videocard) enabled his self i have connected my monitor to the videocard but as i look by the hardware than he doesn't let me see that my video card is enabled and i can only see my onboard vga adapter

does someone has more idea's??

Battery

I've changed the battery (indeed the bettery was pretty screwed) i've tested the new battery and it works but windows still doens't detect it

ugg how stupid of me windows wasn't able to detect it cause i still needed to download and install driver! sorry! now its working fine!
still thnx for your help!

Good for you. That's what I do most of the time to check if a device is still working A-Ok especially if Windows can't detect it, following my train of though if Linux detects the Video card, that means it is a driver issue with Windows. :)

Back