HP dv6000 Vista to XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noam

Hi.

I'm currently trying to install XP on a previously-Vista HP dv6000.
It got XP onto the system but now I'm still looking for all of the proper drivers... I still have no audio (Microsoft UAA HD audio won't install right), no wireless networking, and no proper video card drivers (I can see stuff on screen, but the resolution isn't at its best).
I tried lots of different HP drivers, according to many different Vista-to-XP guides, but I still can't get some of them right.
I thought maybe someone might have a suggestion for me, at least for these three, for now (audio, video and wifi).

Also, when I go to Control Panel, clicking "User Accounts" does nothing.
I Googled this but none of the suggested solutions worked for me.

Thank you very much.

Tried that before.. and now again

sp33411 (nVidia nForce chipset driver and networking controller) ends abruptly,
sp34200 starts initializing and then displays an error "Could not find the MEDIA device for this driver",
and so far I haven't been able to even successfully download sp33537 and sp33867 ("nVidia GeForce series video driver" and "Microsoft Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) Bus Driver for High Definition Audio").
Mirrors?

Did you install the chipset drivers already? Or they just fail?

'Also, when I go to Control Panel, clicking "User Accounts" does nothing.' This sounds bad!

Is this a retail disk or OEM or what?

I tried installing the chipset driver that is supposed to work with my system, but when I try installing it, the nVidia logo comes up, and then a progress bar, and then it just closes.
I think I installed 14.10_nforce_630a_winxp_english_whql as recommended by some guide I saw for dv6000's going from Vista to XP.

I think my disk is OEM (but I'm really not sure). You think I need to try reinstalling Windows? =\

That site is the site that has the drivers for the 6000 series you have.

IF you know specifically what model of the 6000 series you have then target that.

Otherwise, start again. BEFORE hand though, downlaod ALL thos drivers to a cd and put them together in folders so they are easy to find.

Like: 6000Chipset, 6000Audio, etc.

LoL

Ok.. things are looking much better.
I found out I have a dv6426us, which falls under the dv6000t's driver category. From there, I got pretty much all of my drivers set right (no audio though, at least not yet.. working on it.

Also, once my chipset and some others were installed, I did manage to open User Accounts, and when I went to "Change the way users log on or off" I got a message saying some program on my computer disabled this option, and the only way to get it back would be to uninstall it. Turns out it was athgina.dll, which is one of Athero's files. Uninstalled that--don't really need it.

Now I just have to get my audio and QuckLaunch buttons right.. and I think that's it.
I think I can take it from here. I'll post if anything strange happens on the way.

Thank you very much, CCT. =] I really appreciate it.

Audio problems.

Every time I try installing UAA (sp33867, sp32646) I get an error.

Help?

I really hate to bump this thread, but if anyone does know what I can do please let me know; I need to have this problem fixed in the next couple of days as I'm going to be taking this laptop away for some time.
I promise this will be my first and last bump.
Thank you.

Hi,
It will be very helpful if you can paste image of your "device manager"...right clik on My Computer, Properties, Hardware, Device Manager...so I can see what is actually goin` on :)

Thanks for the replies.
You could also inatll the Software Update package and run it - it is supposed to check for drivers for you:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...n&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&os=228&product=3439463
All the HP Software Update got me was some HP security update.
It thinks all of my drivers are up to date. =\

Also, going into Device Manager reminded of the old right-click-update-driver method in there, but unsurprisingly that didn't help for neither Audio Codecs nor Legacy Audio Drivers.

OK, time for this:

Download and run Everest Home (it is free):

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

Once you download it, click on it and let it install and then run it from the icon on your desktop.

Click on the + sign beside 'Computer', then on 'Summary', then go to the VERY Top of the screen and click on 'report'.

Note: the 'Very Top' isn't one line down, it means what it says.

Cursor over 'quick report-summary' and then click on 'plain text' and then click on 'save to file' and change the 'save in' folder to 'Desktop' and then click 'Save'.

Clear all your open windows and on the Desktop click on that 'report.txt' icon - this will open it in a text editor
(probably Notepad) and then use your mouse to highlight ALL the 'debug' entries and delete them, then use your mouse to hilight all the remaining text then copy and paste it to here.

For future reference: once you open Everest, click on file, preferences, report and uncheck the 'include debug information in the report' box. People rarely want to see that stuff.

Apparently I was wrong about it being OEM:

Code:
--------[ EVEREST Home Edition (c) 2003-2005 Lavalys, Inc. ]------------------------------------------------------------

Version                                           EVEREST v2.20.405
    Homepage                                          http://www.lavalys.com/
    Report Type                                       Quick Report
    Computer                                          DINAR
    Generator                                         Administrator
    Operating System                                  Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600 (WinXP Retail)
    Date                                              2008-09-12
    Time                                              18:03

--------[ Summary ]-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Computer:
      Operating System                                  Microsoft Windows XP Professional
      OS Service Pack                                   Service Pack 2
      DirectX                                           4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)
      Computer Name                                     DINAR
      User Name                                         Administrator

Motherboard:
      CPU Type                                          Mobile DualCore Intel Pentium M, 2000 MHz (15 x 133)
      Motherboard Name                                  Hewlett-Packard HP Pavilion dv6000 (GA378UA#ABA)
      Motherboard Chipset                               Intel Calistoga i945GM/PM
      System Memory                                     1013 MB  (DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM)
      BIOS Type                                         Phoenix (05/12/07)

Display:
      Video Adapter                                     Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family  (128 MB)
      Video Adapter                                     Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family  (128 MB)
      Monitor                                           Plug and Play Monitor [NoDB]

Multimedia:
      Audio Adapter                                     Intel 82801GBM ICH7-M - High Definition Audio Controller

Storage:
      IDE Controller                                    Intel(R) 82801GBM/GHM (ICH7-M Family) Serial ATA Storage Controller - 27C4
      SCSI/RAID Controller                              D347PRT SCSI Controller
      Disk Drive                                        WDC WD1600BEVS-60RST0  (149 GB, IDE)
      Optical Drive                                     Slimtype DVD A  DS8AZH
      SMART Hard Disks Status                           OK

Partitions:
      C: (NTFS)                                         136812 MB (98921 MB free)
      D: (NTFS)                                         7488 MB (243 MB free)
      E: (NTFS)                                         8322 MB (1818 MB free)
      Total Size                                        149.0 GB (98.6 GB free)

Input:
      Keyboard                                          Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard
      Mouse                                             PS/2 Compatible Mouse

Network:
      Network Adapter                                   Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connection
      Network Adapter                                   Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection  (10.0.0.2)

Peripherals:
      USB1 Controller                                   Intel 82801GBM ICH7-M - USB Universal Host Controller
      USB1 Controller                                   Intel 82801GBM ICH7-M - USB Universal Host Controller
      USB2 Controller                                   Intel 82801GBM ICH7-M - Enhanced USB2 Controller
      USB Device                                        HP Pavilion Webcam
      USB Device                                        USB Mass Storage Device
      Battery                                           Microsoft AC Adapter
      Battery                                           Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery

Problems & Suggestions:
      Problem                                           Disk free space is only 3% on drive D:.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.

By the way, D: is where I installed XP... My main storage space is on C: along with the now-old Vista files.

I installed the chipset HP listed on their site for the dv6426us. Is that good enough?
Downloading the audio driver now...

I installed the file you linked to (installation seemed successful), but it doesn't seem like anything's changed...

Hi,
According to your images, I can say that you don't have installed Card reader (Base System Device) and the Unknown Device should be Infrared...and yes you didn't install UAA, because you got a mark on a PCI device. Uninstall PCI device, restart your computer and let computer find PCI device, it should be in the list with Base System Device and Unknown Device...than open sp32646 but only once :) you got a message that you have several setups running...the UAA should separate your modem and sound device...when the the wizard for the new hardware appears just select "No,not this time" and go next, next, next...later you can install driver normally for HDA and modem...

After endless hours...... Heres what worked for me:

You must have a usb floppy for this to work.

Go to this website:

hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericSoftwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&softwareitem=ob-54270-1&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN[/url]

Download the driver at the bottom of the page and extract it to a floppy.

insert the win xp cd and press F6 to load sata driver,
CHOOSE THIS ONE:

"Intel 82801HEM/HBM SATA AHCI Controller (Mobile ICH8M-E/M)"

It loaded for me. and windows xp is up and running.... t only took me 3 days to figure it out after slipstreaming 36 cd's (apparently not my thing, non of them worked.)

Merry Christmas to all and I hope this works for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back