HP G60 laptop died - signs of life?

L6Griffin

I had my laptop on, and took a break with out shutting it down. When I came back it would not boot up. The symptoms are, both power LEDs are on, no video, it does cycle the CD on as if trying to boot, but will not boot from the CD. Is it possible that the mother board is not dead?

Thanks,
Larry

Sorry, but the symptoms you speak of are typical signs of hardware malfunction.

Usually, I would have guessed that your motherboard had been shorted from someone who tried to upgrade a PC with it or something equivalent. Although, as you mentioned that you didn't touch the laptop... hmm... I've seen similar effects on laptops when the power grid suddenly spiked for some reason (Tesla experiments or whatever).

Needless to say, my money's on that most (if not almost all) components are salvageable from the laptop, but the computer is basically dead :_(

Thank you, gentlemen, that's pretty much what I thought. I was hoping for an off the wall shot, like BIOS corruption or,,,,

I must have p!ssed off the computer gods. Win7_64 on desktop, died of file corruption yesterday. I'll have to work on my hardware more to see if I can improve my Karma.

Happy Holidays, and Thanks Again,

Larry

Back