HP laptop keyboard help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an hp pavillion. Recently my keyboard has been doing some strange things. Sometimes the b and n keys don't work. Sometimes when pressing the b key it turns the cap locks on and brings up the microsoft help page. I have checked the fuction lock button and it is not on. Does anyone know what is wrong and how to fix it?

As far as broken laptop keyboards go... there's really usually only one option, and that is to replace them.

Now, depending on your model, they're usually quite easy to replace. It's a matter of getting the part, which can usually be found for about $20 - $40 on ebay.

I recently replaced a keyboard on a Compaq, and it was very easy to do.
If I recall correctly, it was 2 screws, a few tabs, and 2 - 4 more screws, and then a little connector under the keyboard.
Took me about 10 minutes to do. (I had a bit of experience with laptops and replacing parts before hand, so that helped, but all things considered, it was a pretty easy repair.

It's also useful to see if anyone has done it before, and can advise you as to the particular location of all the screws / tabs so that you can feel confident in what you're doing. I always look for a tutorial on things before doing them, and if I can't find one, then I ask around.

If you tell me the specific model of the computer, I can try and give you some more detailed instructions on how to replace the keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back