HP laptop not turning on

Hi All,

I am using HP Pavillion dv3005tx. I am using this laptop since 2 years without much trouble. However recently there were few important updates that i downloaded and installed. After few days i shut down my computer to complete the installation.

But now when i start my computer, i can only see light flashing at the front but I dont think my hard disk is working. So in short my computer does not start at all. Only lights flash at the front near keyboard but nothing is displayed on the screen nor is hard disk running.

I tried to remove battery and start my computer with power cable but it still does not help. Please advice any quick solution. I need laptop for urgent use.

Thank you.

Just re-read your post...

If you cannot enter safe mode, and you are not offered option to enter bios configuration, it would indicate a hardware failure.
Could be several kinds of hardware issue that can do this.
(Including memory failure, hard drive failure, etc)
Do you get a beep-code at power-up? If so, this may help us.

If you can see your option to enter bios, but cannot enter safe-mode, it could indicate a corrupted windows, or perhaps a failed hard-drive.
Try entering bios configuration and see if your bios is finding your hard-drive.
If so, then I would suggest attempting a restore, after running hard-drive diagnostics.
If not, then my first guess is a failed hard drive.

Let us know the answers to these questions.

A computer appears to be receiving power does not always mean that it is working properly. I had a computer the other day it occurred to the same thing, so I whipped out my favorite PSU test and sure enough it showed as faulty replaces the PSU and sure enough the computer runs fine now.

Back