Hp Pavilion 7915 Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey what's up guys,

I have a hp pavilion 7915... But the other day I ran into a huge problem...

Now every time I turn on my computer.. It does nothing but just show a blank screen and say

"Operating System Not Found" ... It does not go any further then this.. it doesn't even log into my account on the computer.. So being able to browse on the computer is a no go..

It does not startup my computer.. Right when I turn the computer on it goes straight up
Operating System Not Found...

I wanna just restore everything to the factory shipped.. I tried pressing f1 and f11 but nothing in the menu leads to being able to do so.. I don't have the cd-rom it came with..

Any help or ideas on what I can do to get this bad boy running again?

How old is the PC?
Has it been running slow before this happened?
Have you checked for any loose cable connections internally?
Please verify above, your HDD may be defective.

How old is the PC?
Has it been running slow before this happened?
Have you checked for any loose cable connections internally?
Please verify above, your HDD may be defective.

It's about 7 years old, and it was running fairly alright not to slow.. It was running fine.
Yes I checked for any type of lose cable connections. Everything looked alright..

What is a HDD?

Sorry, HDD refers to the harddrive.
Judging by your reply, it may be defective and need of replacement.

First you wrote that you ran into a huge problem. Did something happen first and then you can't boot your system, or did you suddenly found this and it's a huge problem for you?

Next, you admitted the computer's 7 years old. Honestly, it's time to replace it. It's obsolete and can't be very useful except for very simple programs. It probably can't run much that's current.

Buy a new computer.

-- Andy

Buy a new computer. -- Andy

My PC (which I am on right now, is over 5 years old, and runs like a Cadillac. 2 years from now, it won't change, it may need a new harddrive, but it still does the job. Why replace it? Unless you're a heavy PC gamer, a computer can be 10 years old and still be able to access internet/email/word processing.

strategic,

For "off-the-shelf" desktop computers, the lifespan is typically 4 to 6 years depending on how high or low end it is. You can extend the lifespan by 2 years by upgrading RAM and disk drive space. But seriously, after 6 to 8 years, the computer just doesn't have the resources to run current software and there will start to be hardware issues (missing devices or ports, incompatibility) it just not worth it.

You don't fix a 7 year old computer, it's simply not worth it. You're WAY further ahead buying a new or 2 year old refurbished computer.

-- Andy

Yes, I realize that, but obviously, with a PC that old, the user isn't concerned with running up to date software, and if it's a matter of replacing a $70 HDD, IMHO, it's worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back