Hp pavilion a520n: friends computer...help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thewoosterisroot

Ok ,so i'm trying to fix a friends computer (Hp pavilion a520n). He got a...well at least one virus, and was having major trouble so we called it a complete reboot. things were going fine, then the visuals started going out, meaning, on reboot the screen would shrink to something like....well worse than 256 color...anyway....i tried to update the bios somewhere along the line...next thing i know, the computer sounds like it is fine, but no input or outpus is taking place, meaning, i can't see anything at all on the monitor, and i think the keyboard and mouse are both locked up....but yeah, good ol' socket A motherboard, onboard video, so i think it is the mobo....but i have no idea what to do, and i think it might be dead...but it would be kind of sudden, so yeah......Help...*pls?

Hi there, Try a bios reset Either remove cmos battery for about 3 to 4 mins,or use the jumpers

P.S Could be your monitor on the way out

hi there motherboard would be reset to defaults, once you got your system running you should be able to download the updated drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back