HP Pavilion dv2000

zag1402

Hi i have a hp pavilion in to look at it was not booting windows i got it going had it sitting on my desk when shutdown and displayed a hardware error message something to do with the memory.
so what i want to know is do the pavilians suffer with heat problems or any other problems that might cause this .........

All laptops suffer from heating more than desktops do. HP laptops are no better or worse than other laptops concerning heat. If you are concerned, go out and buy one of those cooling platforms for laptops. If you continue to get memory errors, check your memory using Memtest86. Let it run for 7 or more passes

well i must report that after days of looking things up i found out it was a comon fault with this model it over heats and the vid chip lifts off from the motherboard ( shame on hp for cutting corners) lol.
oh and yes i did fix it
thanks for the help

Okay Zag,
I have heard of the HP video chip trouble but in all my HP laptop repairs I have never run into this. It still is a good idea to invest in one of those laptop cooling platforms rather than using your lap, carpeted floor or bed without the platform

ha ha ha
so right tmagic650 for $10 $15 for a cooling platform...
it cost him $170 i know what i would like to pay

Back