HP refreshes Pavilion, Envy x360 convertible laptops in time for back-to-school shopping

Shawn Knight

Staff member

pavilion envy laptop hp hp envy convertible notebook convertible hp pavilion x360 envy x360 pavilion x360 intel core m

HP has unveiled a handful of new convertible notebooks that aim to offer the dazzling looks of its flagship Spectre x360 without the high cost of entry. Specifically, we’re talking about refreshes of HP’s Pavilion x360 and Envy x360 lines with pricing starting at just $410.

The base model 11-inch Pavilion x360 includes Intel’s Pentium N3700 alongside 4GB of RAM (up to 8GB possible). For an additional $90, buyers can land Intel’s new Core M processor (like the one in the new MacBook) along with a 128GB solid state drive – a worthy investment. Both variants are fanless, use a 1,366 x 768 pixel display and are available in silver, red, green and purple color schemes.

pavilion envy laptop hp hp envy convertible notebook convertible hp pavilion x360 envy x360 pavilion x360 intel core m

For a few bucks more ($530 to be exact), you can trade up to a 13-inch display and a proper Core i3 processor and there’s even an option for a 1,920 x 1,080 IPS display. All utilize Bang & Olufsen audio, HP’s new audio partner following its split with Beats.

The Envy x360, meanwhile, starts at $680 and is being offered in configurations that include an Intel Core i5 or Core i7 processor and up to 16GB of RAM. The base model features a 500GB hard drive and a 1,366 x 768 pixel display although those willing to spend more can add a 256GB SSD, a full-HD display and Nvidia GPU.

The Pavilion x360 and the Envy x360 both inherit the Spectre’s geared lid hinge, allowing the display to smoothly transition from clamshell to tablet mode.

After years of tablets dominating the landscape, it seems as though the convertible may end up being the winner over the long haul as consumers find they like the flexibility of a tablet alongside the productivity that an always-attached keyboard affords.

The Pavilion x360 is set to arrive on HP’s site on May 13 (in stores on June 21). The Envy x360 won’t arrive until June 18 in stores and online meaning both models will arrive in plenty of time for the back-to-school buying season.

Permalink to story.

It's April and we're already worried about back to school shopping? I guess Christmas shopping is going to start after the 4th of July this year

Back