HTC's still-unannounced Flyer tablet specs leaked

Jos

Staff

HTC hasn’t officially announced the Flyer tablet yet but specs for the rumored device are already making their way online. According to reports, the Flyer might be pitched as a Samsung Galaxy Tab competitor, sharing a similar 7-inch screen at 1024x600 resolution and Android 2.3 operating system. Users would be able to upgrade to Android 3.0 (Honeycomb) whenever it’s available, but apparently HTC is more concerned with getting its tablet on the market as soon as possible.

HTC will be embedding its Sense UI over Flyer to make it more tablet-friendly and, interestingly enough, Amobil is also reporting the availability of a Stylus, which is rather uncommon with recently released tablets.

A Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8255, used recently in HTC's Desire HD smartphone, will power the device along with 1GB of RAM. Apart from that, the HTC Flyer will also ship with an HDMI port, DLNA support, HSPA connectivity, a 5-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, a 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera for video chatting and Skype pre-installed.

No official release date has been given but Digitimes is guessing it will be sometime during the second quarter. Unfortunately for HTC, which has been one of Google’s top Android partners when it comes to smartphones, by then Motorola is going to have at least a month or two of advantage in the market with a device that purportedly packs much more punch under the hood and will run the tablet-specific Honeycomb variant of Android.

Permalink to story.

Other then the fact that the crapdragon will put it far behind tablets like the Xoom or Adam the biggest thing that concerns me is that it can use a stylus. I hope it is some sort of special stylus because a resistive touchscreen would kill the tablet before it even launched.

Guest said:
You obviously didn't hear of capacitive styluses, right?

"special stylus" Read next time please. I've heard of them but as the article has even stated they haven't seen any use.

Back