I cannot download pdf archives but i can see them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello and good day, i was trying to download a few archives in pdf but instead it opens an show me the pdf content in the browser i ask a copuple of friends to check it in their computers and do the same but in mac it works just fine.

In Windows, generally you cannot save a pdf using the 'normally expected' method of 'file/save as' in the browsers menu. On the other hand, pdf's will normally have a 'save' button (looking like a floppy disk) as part of the pdf heading furniture, if so this should certainly work.

Some pdfs can be defined - at the time of making them - to not allow them to be saved. In this case there will be no save button in the pdf header. This is done to retain copyright on the pdf information. Possibly whatever you mean by 'archives' has this restriction, and Macs ignore it by performing their save in a different way.

There is nothing to stop you taking a standard print screen image of the displayed page, but of course this may not be enough for you.

Indeed.. Do explain wat do you mean by archives.

There are ways to get around the save/print protection of PDFs even without resorting to screenshots. Post back if you need this kind of information.

Archive matter

First of all thank's for the tips and the information about how to manage this is always welcome.

Now i post this while i was in a phone call so i don't know what i was thinking but i put "archives" instead of "files" and i'm sorry for any confussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back