I cannot turn my computer on because of a virus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have acquired a virus on my computer. At first it was ok but now when I try to turn on my computer it shows me a screen saying please install anti virus program now. Then for a quick second a blue screen with numbers on it appears. I try to boot from CD but my computer just becomes frozen. HELP!

I am getting the blue screen of death

You can download this from the computer you are currently on (to CD or thumb drive)

Then Boot the infected computer to safe mode by tapping F8 before windows tries to load, and select Safe Mode.

Then insert the thumb drive/CD with the installer on it. Run the installer

Download and Install SDFix
  • Download SDFix and save it to your Desktop.
  • Double click SDFix.exe and it will extract the files to %systemdrive%
    (Drive that contains the Windows Directory, typically C:\SDFix)

Run SDFix
  • Open the extracted SDFix folder and double click RunThis.bat to start the script.
  • Type Y to begin the cleanup process.
  • It will remove any Trojan Services and Registry Entries that it finds then prompt you to press any key to Reboot.
  • Press any Key and it will restart the PC.
  • When the PC restarts the Fixtool will run again and complete the removal process then display Finished, press any key to end the script and load your desktop icons.
  • Once the desktop icons load the SDFix report will open on screen and also save into the SDFix folder as Report.txt
  • Attach Report.txt back here

Vista home addition delete *.dmp "access is denied"

Can't delete a memory dump file in /windows. I am the admin. when I login. I am use to Unix and older version of windows OS. Any thoughts ?

That does not work. I cannot boot it in safe mode it gives me a whole bunch of numbers and locations. And then just stops. But if I try to load my computer regularly it doesn't give me my desktop so even if that did work. It wouldn't work for me.

I hate to suggest to do this but recently a few people have only been able to access safe mode with networking

I would unplug from the internet if you try this.

The only other option I could suggest is a repair install using your windows CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back