I can't delete or add my partition

Status
Not open for further replies.

hillian6

I have a 1T Maxtor sata hd. I have 60gigs to the OS and the rest for everything else. Well the everything else partition wasn't getting anything because I was a dummy and just installed everything on the OS partition.

I'm not exactly sure what happened but I had to reboot and when i loaded my computer back up the second partition is now gone!

so I booted up my vista disk to just format it so it would reappear but then I get a 0x8004240f error saying unable to add a partition. When I was on that screen one said C: 60gigs and the rest of it was unallocated. Now I think it won't add a partition cause theres already a partition on it, but it won't even let me delete the partition thats on there. Yet why does it say that partition is unallocated?

All the stuff thats on that partition was stuff that can be replaced. I just want my space back.

On the guide I did it from the install. But i got to the hard drive area and my main partition was there (60)gigs and the "unallocated" space roughly 830 gigs was also there. I would click new for the unallocated part and it would give me a 0x8004240f error.

Go to the manufacturing site and download the disk check tool. You can make a bootable utility to check the HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back