I need help ASAP, please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, a few days ago, I wanted to download some free games for my phone.. bad idea, I now keep getting messages from AVG with things such as Virus Found LOP and WIN32 PolyCrypt, also, website banners are replaced with messages saying I have spyware on my pc.. my computer is important to me, as I need it for school and it pretty much has my life on it. I'm not really computer literate, so any help you can give me to get rid of this crap will be excellent -- I need it gone as soon as possible. Thanks guys!

Hi beckyy,

With a LOP infection you generally subscribe to something. To rid this particular infection you need to uninstall the offending program and unregister the subsciption.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Remove LOP or Cid problems
1)Uninstall any of the following program(s) using Add/Remove Programs if they are present. To do this, go to Start > Settings > Control Panel and double-click on Add/Remove Programs. From within Add/Remove Programs highlight each one and select Remove.

Netpumper
BitRoll
Browser Enhancer
CiD Help
CiD Manager
Download Plugin for Internet Explorer
Lop.com
LOP SEARCH
Messenger Plus
Ultimate Browser Enhance
Window Search
Window Searching
Zone Media

2)Setup" is now displayed. Click on the Uninstall button. Note: options displayed on the first screen are not related to the sponsor program.

3)The sponsor screen is now displayed (if you don't see it, search for it in your Task Bar). To prove that someone is currently reading the screen, you have to type the code that is displayed. Once you enter the code, press Uninstall.

4)If you entered the code properly, the program will ask you to confirm that you want to uninstall. You must answer "Yes" to this question, else, you won't have another chance of uninstalling.

5)Reboot your computer

6)Run another scan with Hijackthis and attach a new log
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please have a read here-> Is your system infected? Read this before Cleaning or Formatting

If you decide to clean your system please follow these Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions and post back in this thread with the requested logs. There should be at least 3.

1)AVG log
2)Combofix log
3)Hijackthis log (Step 15)

This thread is for the use of beckyy only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Thankyou so much for your help. I'm going to completely clean my computer tomorrow -- I really appreciate your help, and i'll get back to you with the logs etc soon :D Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back