I think My PSU goin dead?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

akaivan

Hey everyone and thanks for looking, when i got home, I whent on my computer to play bf1942. But when i started to play it started to freaze and my pc started making weird noises, like if the power supply was shutting off and starting back up by itself. Almost like i was restarting my pc but all off my windows apps were allready on.

Furthermore in the middle of my game the sytem crashed to a bsod and said something about my memery(witch i tried 2 different ram). I really think its my psu but i may be wrong. Please look at my sytem specs in my profile. Thankyou. :)

hmm, i think its the psu too but why would it go into a bsod and say something about the memery? Lol i use to like burgers but now im only chicken. Mcdonalds food got old lol.

yup definetely psu

I had that happen b4, and after long time researching and going to computer techs i found out that it was the psu...wierd how it goes into bsod..wat did it say about the memory???

it said all these weird numbers, i didnt know what it was. If you had the same so it iss probly the psu, Ill buy a new one and ill get back to you guys

hmmm...

i didnt get those wierd numbers on mine, but i did get some message saying something about the graphicscard...well, it was the psu in the end...hope this helps...

well what do you guy think of this psu

Im only looking to spend like 20$ lol (im cheap)
So heres a drill down, what sholud i get HERE

Looks Good...

Yea, i bot a HiPro PSU (it was also under 20$) and has lasted for over 3 yrs...so as long as u see a good review..especially on newegg..i'd say ur good to go...i would trust Rosewill, HiPro..but dont trust JPac or PowerMax...

Oh yea!....>>>>

The Logisys psus are pretty good too..i've only owned one, and it lasted a long time..very reliable too...so if ur looking into that one..go for it...seems to have a very high rating.. Looks pretty nice too :) :) :)

Ok guys im starting to think its not my psu. My 300w had the problem and everything seems unstable , so i tried an old 235 watt psu and i have the same problem, (execpt the sound of it restarting(well atleast not yet lol)) What can this possbly be? And my apps stay on even when i close them??!? It sais so in the task manager. My start menu freazes sometimes so id doesnt move. What can this be> PLeaser HElp

hmm my pc is running really weird. Same as the other psu just withought it shuting off. It took like 5 hours just to do Housecall scan. And my mp3 wont play. I here them start then shutoff. I am getting reall :mad: lol

Depending on what was going wrong with your psu it is possible that it may have fried your motherboard a little bit to which is causing the problems you are seeing now.

Also possble that windows may have become a bit unstable when the computer was rebooting and you may need to reinstall now.

I would back up any data that you have and is important and try reinstalling windows. Fresh install never hurt anyone, and if the problem goes a way you are set if it doesn't then you have to start looking at the possiblity that you motherboard may be dying.

akaivan said:
OK ill do that, but im wondering Why you put 420 at the end of your name...........lol
Long story actually problem most of which shouldn't be posted on a family site like this. Just so you know it isn't entirely what you are probably thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back