I want to thank TechSpot

dustin_ds3000

I want to thank Julio Franco for all he does for TechSpot and also jobeard, SNGX1275, red1776, LookinAround, Didou for the great conversations over the years.

Also I cant forget about Steven Walton, Cal Jeffrey, Shawn Knight, Rob Thubron, Erik Orejuela, Shawn Knight, Greg Synek, William Gayde, Graham Singer for making some of the best articles to read day after day. I swear I have been going to Techspot.com for the past 3652 days ( 10 years for everyday).

Keep up the good work and if there is anything I can for Techspot.com please let me know.

Good to know there is appreciation out there for those few still offering support but things have changed and the pace is accelerating. Prices for tech have dropped substantially and it often makes more sense just to replace rather than fix. Unfortunately those requesting assistance frequently lack the basic knowhow and patience to follow instructions. It doesn’t matter because Techspot has successfully evolved into a platform to discuss new technology.

Techspot has successfully evolved into a platform to discuss new technology.
That suggests that systems are becoming better and we can see a massive change from historic issues with Vista, XP compared to Win/10 (which is an over due rewrite). Just wish I could tolerate the GUI

Thanks man. I don't post near as frequently as I used to but I still drop by on occasion to see if/where I can help. And as always (since the early 2000s I'm in the IRC room - #3dspotlight on irc.starchat.net) :)

After looking around a little, it seems there has been a big change in TS. I have said this on other threads here, but I will say it again. I really enjoy the tech news, but helping users with Windows problems is what I really like to do. I feel like I know W10 pretty well and enjoy sharing what I have learned from others. Google is my friend!
PS A little off topic. Don't want to start a new thread. When will I be able to post here. https://www.techspot.com/community/forums/user-guides-reviews.31/
Do you need a special title?

:grin: Yes we've heard the trumpet.
;) Hi @jobeard I guess it's similar to your trumpet when you say "I've been a service tech for 37 years"
Lost track of how man times you have told me that. A service tech that hates W10 and won't run it. Do you have customers that run it and have questions for you.:D(y)Are we having fun?

;) Hi @jobeardA service tech that hates W10 and won't run it. Do you have customers that run it and have questions for you.

Actually I am quite agnostic as to what others choose to use; {Mac, Linux, Win/*}. We happen to have all three on our lan today. We're into Apple products, so Android is not in my tool kit. I'll service the needs of the person asking and not impose my choices on others. I wish you could stop arrogantly acting as if the world must join you in your choice.

I sometimes drag my feet in recommending changes due to the effort (getting new programs) and expenses involved. WAY back when there were mechanical fuel pumps, we use to actually change the diaphragms -- then the industry went to only remove/replace. Tech has become very similar and true 'fix what is front of you' is becoming harder to find (due to the labor costs). If I have to recommend a replacement, I feel that I have personally failed, and my first question becomes, "In which systems do you have experience" and suggest they stick with what they know.

Spock says, “Logic clearly dictates that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.”
Captain Kirk answers, “Or the one.”​

"I wish you could stop arrogantly acting as if the world must join you in your choice."
I could care less who runs w10 and who doesn't. I thought I would never leave W7,but I have and I'm not looking back.
I'm here to pass forward what I have learned about W10, and a few other things about windows. If it seems like I'm blowing my trumpet, well I'm sorry. I think I can help users with W10, even if I have to recommend a clean install. I have not found any W10 user that has had a problem after doing a clean install, and then maintaining their PC.
PS If anyone has done a clean install of W10 and still having problems, please let me know, and I'll do my best to help you with your problems.

Back