I want to update my BIOS

hi
i want to upgrate my bios.who i do that.my systm is showing that words.
Hp d530 sff(pc816pa)
plz help as soon as posible

It is very important to avoid updating your BIOS until the computer is working very, very well. Changint the BIOS is not a tool to fix problems... and can destroy your system board.

When in doubt, never upgrade the BIOS. Have a specific reason why upgrading the BIOS is necessary for your computer.

It is such a momentus event, that I would have a very experienced person with you before you attempt it..
The way your question is phrased makes me worry that perhaps your computer is not quite ready for such a decision.

Tell us more about why you want to do this?

The BIOS is a responsible for the loading and starting of the its operating system.
Its major job is to initialize and identify system devices.
That's why it is very risky to change it. It might cause some of your devices to malfunction or have an error.

ok.my system has a problm.when i start my systm he ask me for f1 key.i have hp destop and i concert it to tower system,hp d530 sff(pc816pa)
tell me some thing

We would have to know more information about your system:
When did the problems become a major difficulty? Memory installed, Age - How old is the computer, Operating system, Hard drive capacity, age, and free space., video Graphics, Connection to the internet... etc. Can you go to Start->Control Panel->System->Hardware->Device Manager. If so, do you see any red, gray, black or yellow flags or alerts about any of the devices?
Do you have the restore disk set from HP? If not, can you afford the cost of ordering that set from HP (the machine must be registered with Hewlett Packard), if we feel it would be helpful to restore your system? Do you have all your data backed up?.
You might also want to buy a container of canned air to blow the dust, dirt, and fiber out of the CPU, CPU fan, and other components if there is a visable amount inside the case.
If we have your HP product number, we can look it up on the HP web site... But we can tell most of what we need to know from the ID you have given us.
Do you have a budget for making a few repairs or replacements if that becomes necessary?

Back