Icons appear for about 5 second then disappear

Status
Not open for further replies.
got a laptop running xp pro with explorer problem. upon startup after login taskbar, start button and icons appear for about 5 second then disappear leaving the only action that allows me any access to system through task manager after using ctrl-alt-delete. also cant get online with laptop have scanned for malware, hijackers,viruses. any help would be great thanks.

Dont know this is a friends laptop. i did run part of 8 step process but cant get ccleaner to run . i only have command prompt available to run.and cant get it to run(or dont know how) it is installed on hard drive but am unable to access it.any program that i have tried to run will open then disappear but it will show up in task maneger in running processes

dont have logs to post will do this asap

I love the way people are stopping by here for help- then when we say we need something, we find it's not their computer!

Okay, you want to help a friend? Give us something to work with. No matter who has the computer, we still need some kind of info. Your symptoms can most certainly be caused by malware, so please run the Steps on the site that was referenced HERE, run the cleaning programs, then move to the Virus and Malware Removal Forum and attach the logs for review.

Copy the description from above and paste it in the new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back