IE 8 Crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

craZy18gurl

I've heard a lot of people complain about IE but I've never once had any problem with it, until recently that is. It seems to be consistently crashing all the time. I've scanned my computer, no virus/malware or anything like.

Any suggestions?

Maybe some IE add-on failure caused the crash. You may disable the add-ons to see if the problem is solved. The add-on manager is at "Tools ->Manage Add-ons".

This may be due to a software conflict. Have you installed another Browser recently or a program similarly to this which may be doing a software conflict?

Nope, haven't installed any other. IE is the only browser I have ever used. Would perhaps reinstalling it help?

Well whenever I'm just doing what I do on IE, at a random point everything will freeze, with the window bar stating 'Not Responding'. Eventually a window pops up stating 'Internet Explorer has stopped working' with two options of checking for a solution on the internet and closing the program or simply closing the program. At times I get an option as well to wait for the program to respond, and I would wait a great deal but no good and I am left with no choice but to close the program and restart.

Go to Control Panel, System & Security, Admin Tools - Event Viewer, there will be a window in the central section listing various sort of error events including critical ones; can you check for internet explorer error details and give us some clues?

Alright I took look and through the Administrative Events I found a lot of Error reports for IE. A total of 18 dating today. Some read the same or different things;

Faulting application name: iexplore.exe, version: 8.0.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bc69e
Faulting module name: ole32.dll, version: 6.1.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bdac7
Exception code: 0xc0000005

Faulting application name: iexplore.exe, version: 8.0.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bc69e
Faulting module name: Flash10c.ocx, version: 10.0.32.18, time stamp: 0x4a613d79

The program iexplore.exe version 8.0.7600.16385 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.
Process ID: 11fc
Start Time: 01ca9c331c89b072
Termination Time: 31
Application Path: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
Report Id: 8437f86f-082c-11df-aab0-001d92ad8fff

Faulting module name: mshtml.dll, version: 8.0.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bda8a

The program iexplore.exe version 8.0.7600.16385 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.
Process ID: e08
Start Time: 01ca9c2f37efe7a7
Termination Time: 39
Report Id: 561d319d-0826-11df-aab0-001d92ad8fff

Process ID: e60
Start Time: 01ca9c13941e03a5
Termination Time: 0
Report Id: cc52c09e-0809-11df-aab0-001d92ad8fff

Can you open regedit (by clicking on start, run and typing in regedit) then searching for following key's presence?

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RPCKDM]

And do you remember when you started having this issue? perhaps visiting some site where you clicked on something which in turn started this?

Anyway if you find the above key in your windows registry erase it (but as a precaution do make a backup copy of it before do so - Right click it to make a backup and select Export, give it a name you can remember).

Goodluck

I believe it was Youtube. While chatting with a friend on Windows Live Messenger, he sent me Youtube link. I clicked it, the IE window that popped up froze and ever since then, this has been happening.

Oh and there does seem to be any RPCKDM under Services. I double checked. Can't find it at all.

Alright, I think while i further look into it; you can update your flash player as the version you have is older one. new one is 10.0.42.34

Do you have Skype pluging for IE installed? by any chance

I am guessing atm but i believe culprit may be Java; try uninstalling it totally, downloading the latest version of JRE and reinstalling it.

Looking into the Internet Add Ons, it lists a 'Skype add-on (mastermind)' and 'Skype' enabled.

Java? Alright I'll try that right now.

That can cause this issues as well; I'll ask you to look into uninstalling skype addon for IE and also update Java as I advised above.

Done and done. I have uninstalled the skype addo-ons and have updated Java. I suppose after this I am to wait and see?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back