IE6, Firefox, etc won't load certain pages

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a few computers in my network that is unable to load web pages without the content being stripped. Pictures, Java, Flash, is all being removed. If I click refresh repeatedly it will sometimes load. I have tested for viruses, spyware/adware, and network issues. The speed or bandwidth is not an issue. I have tried using IE7 and Firefox but both are showing the same signs. I have tried to clear all my browser content and a even tried a system restore but nothing seems to help. Odd enough google works without a problem but it seems to be the only site out there that does. I have tried 3x different ISPs: Transbeam, Lightpath, and Optimum... Lightpath and Transbeam are 2 different gateways on the same network. But when that didn’t work I try using my Optimum network on a different gateway and different network all together. So it is not the MTU settings on the ISP. Also should be noted that this is only happening to 3 out of 50 Windows XP computers on the network, They have nothing in common except for being on the domain. But even removing it from the domain and placing it on an unrelated network and changing the IP and DNS settings it is still happening. I have posted a HiJackThis Log and a snapshot of the results. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Also should be noted that this is only happening to 3 out of 50 Windows XP computers on the network, They have nothing in common except for being on the domain. But even removing it from the domain and placing it on an unrelated network and changing the IP and DNS settings it is still happening.Pictures, Java, Flash

Although you state these 3 systems have nothing in common, I would guess they do, by way of some settings.

On the image you left, are you referring to the red X followed by the words 'How to diagram'? The red X is called an 'image place holder'. If you are, then you need to check your browse setting as follows:

Internet Explorer: Open IE> Tools> Internet Options> Advanced tab>
For Pictures: Multimedia section> CHECK 'show pictures'> UNCHECK 'show image download placeholder'
For Java: Java section> CHECK the 'use JRE' line
For Flash: Multimedia section: CHECK all three lines for 'play animations'> 'play sounds'> play videos>
When all are set> Apply> OK

Firefox: Open Firefox (I'm using v3.0.7) Tools> Options> Contents> CHECK all three lines> 'load images automatically'> enable 'Java script'>' enable Java'.

Be sure you don't have any add-ons to Firefox that block any of this content, such as Flash Block, NoScript, ImageBlock or other similar add-ons.

If this does not resolve the problem, we'll need to look further. If so, I need a description of exactly what is missing. You have many entries for remote access so please keep your security tight.

Just did all of that and im not loading the pages fully still. It is just showing errors and html code all over the page. I have tried setting the settings as low as possible... This just started happening out of the clear blue. See the new image of my results for Dell.com. Its like the content is being stripped from the page like its going through a bad proxy server or something. I am not using a proxy server and everything should be standard. If I refresh 10-15 times it will display correctly but when I click on a link it will do the same thing again. Other times am getting a "Page cannot be displayed"

"Clear blue" usually has some reason- even if it takes a while to find it! I suggest you do a System Restore to date right before this problem began.

Here's what I did: I loaded the dell.com page with the URL showing in your address bar> no problem.

I still have IE6 and got nowhere! A Google message is displayed ever the page about a Google update. I can't close either the message or the page itself- I had to End Task for both iexplore.exe and Google updater. I don't know hat's that's about- I've been using the Google Toolbar on my browsers for years. I have little use for IE so it doesn't matter to me.

The lines at the top of the first image look like programming or source code. Both images you left were in IE6. What do you get with Firefox?

But you do have a timeline (out of the blue) so go with the System Restore on those 3 computers. Let me know how it turns out.

I have actuly tried system restore on all of the machines way before this was happening and it has no affect. Firefox loads the pages the same way as Internet explorer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back