iHeartRadio rolls out two subscription tiers featuring on-demand music

Shawn Knight

Staff member

iHeartRadio on Thursday launched beta versions of two new premium (paid) subscription offerings to further help differentiate it from the sea of me-too streaming providers.

iHeartRadio Plus, priced at $4.99 per month, gives subscribers the ability to instantly replay songs from the radio then return back to the live station afterwards.

For those that aren’t aware, iHeartRadio is an Internet radio platform that serves as an aggregator for the more than 850 radio stations owned by parent company iHeartMedia.

iHeartRadio Plus also introduces a save button so you’ll be able to instantly save songs from the radio to your My Music playlist for playback at a later date. Furthermore, subscribers will have the ability to search and play any song from a library of millions of tracks.

Last but not least, the Plus tier allows those listening to custom Artist Radio stations to skip as many songs as they’d like.

For $9.99 per month, listeners can upgrade to the iHeartRadio All Access powered by Napster tier. With no playback caps, unfettered access to a library of millions of tracks, the ability to reorder playlists and the option to listen offline, this premium option grants total control over the listening experience and is more in line with that you get from other providers (except it also has all of the radio station benefits).

Both options are available as of writing on Android and iOS. iHeartRadio says it plans to transition from beta to full release in January at which time it’ll also launch a desktop client.

Permalink to story.

I can't see how this is a value. I use the hell out of iHeartRadio and love it as is. I have been able to figure out the stations that have very little commercial interruption. I absolutely love using it with my Echo dot. The only reason I would pay for a sub would be for higher quality bitrates.

Back