I'm building a gaming PC. Advice needed

Hey guys, just joined the forum after ending up here after numerous Google searches, thought it best I join up and ask seek some advice!

As per the title I'm in the planning stages of building a gaming pc, I don't really have a budget but anything under 1,500 including all the components and a monitor is best for me, I'm not one for saving so I'll spend more if absolutely necessary!
I'm willing to buy online or in-store, but I'm pretty sure than online is cheaper for me, this is my first build and I've yet to do more than add a list of things to a basket lol....it'll be early February next year before I can think about buying anything. I'll be using Windows 7 ultimate 64-bit if I can help it....in other words if what I've chosen for this computer (which I'll list below) will let me use that?

Anyways, here's my list....I've found what I think is everything I need on ''pixmania.ie''. I just wanna know if these will all work together or fail miserably then I'll look for cheaper deals closer to the time.

Motherboard: 269 Euro
ASUS Rampage III Formula - LGA1366 Socket - Intel X58 Express + ICH10R Chipset - ATX

Processor: 279 on it's own but I'm getting a fan + a gel with it for 301 Euro
Intel Core i7 2600K - 3.4 GHz - 8 MB L3 Cache - LGA 1155 Socket (boxed edition)

RAM: 49.90
Corsair 2 x 4 GB DDR3 1333 - PC3 - 10666 CL9 XMS3 PC Memory (CMX8GX3M2A1333C9)

Memory: 79.99
WESTERN DIGITAL 2TB Caviar Green SATA Hard Drive

Power Supply: 189 Euro
OCZ ZX Series 1250 W PC Power Unit (OCZ-ZX1250W-UN)

Graphics Card: 209.90
MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr II - 1 GB GDDR5 - PCI-Express 2.0 (N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II/OC)

CD/DVD Drive: 94Euro
HP CD-RW / DVD-ROM combo drive - IDE

Case: 99.90
Cooler Master HAF 922 PC Tower Case - black

Also on my list is an anti-static wristband as I've heard they're helpful

I'm mostly confused about the power supply and if everything will work together...I've also picked that case as it's quite big and it apparently has really great cooling capabilities so if it could house all of that hardware I'd be really happy, if not I'll get something that works.
Also has the motherboard got enough slots for everything? I'd like to get a second graphics card but not for a while if that is do-able, that or maybe add a sound card down the line which I can see myself doing.
Thanks for taking the time to read all of that. :)
I look forward to hearing from everyone!

The motherboard you have selected is an LGA 1366 socket which will not support the i7 2600K. Pick an LGA 1155 motherboard (preferably a Z68 chipset). Also, for a gaming setup I would pick the i5 2500K as you wouldn't really require the horsepower of the i7 in games. Money saved could be spent on a better mobo/GPU.

You will not require a 1250W PSU. I would recommend the Corsair TX 750 instead. Pick a better memory kit (1600MHz).

For the GPU, pick a Radeon HD 6950 over the GTX 560 Ti. However, this is a very personal opinion. The 6950 does perform a few frames better in most tests. You could add a second one in CrossFire later on. 2x HD 6950 outperforms SLI GTX 560.

Look at the Cooler Master CM 690 II as your case. It's fantastic at it's price point.

Hi!
Thanks for your reply :) That does sound much better and saves me some money too.

For the Graphics Card there are two types to choose from....again I'm not sure what means what so I'll let you decide!
ASUS Radeon HD 6950 DirectCUII - 1 GB GDDR5 - PCI-Express 2.1 (EAH6950 DCII/2DI4S/1GD5) for 233Euro
And VTX3D Radeon HD 6950 - 1 GB GDDR5 - PCI-Express 2.1 (VX6950 1GBD5-2DHG) for 199 Euro
Thanks again Ritwik7!
Edit:
I found this RAM for just over 100Euro, does it look good to you.?
Corsair 2 x 4 GB DDR3-1600 PC3-12800 CL8 Vengeance Red PC Memory Modules

ASUS is a very reputed manufacturer. I have not heard of VTX3D. However, if you know that their products are good go ahead with it. Consider adding a second GPU soon.

You don't need to go in for a memory module that costs 100 Euro. Just a decent (2x4GB) kit from GSkill, Corsair, etc. will do good.

I think I'll go with Asus, I watched some videos and it just looks better!
And thanks for the heads up too I've found cheaper RAM at the same speed half the price and 16GB instead of 8GB from Crucial. :) It pays to shop around!

Back