I'm infected, Win XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamlegend

Originally I was having those userinit.exe errors on boot up. After reading the step process thread on what to do about being infected that has now gone away. I still notice that my pc is acting a little off though... im getting those dll.exe errors for some things and its running a little slow. Also on boot up a window with ftp://ftps.exe/ pops up with another error message.

ive attached hopefully all the necessary attachments. If anything else is needed please let me know, and thank you very much for your help.

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    8.5 KB · Views: 6
if you followed the guide can you post the 3 logs

Hijackthis which you have
ComboFix
MBAM or SAS

We need to find the location of a file

Click on the Start Button, Click Search
Click "All Files and Folders"
Click "Advanced Options", put a check next to the following:
Search System Folders
Search Hidden Files And Folders
Search Subfolders

Next copy and paste the following entries into the search box(one at a time):

Files go here, eg :
qzbvjv.dll

Please post back with the path to where this file is located

We need to get rid of one of the services running on your machine. To do this, copy (Ctrl +C) and paste (Ctrl +V) the text in the code box below to Notepad.

Code:
@echo off
sc stop Viewpoint Corporation
sc delete Viewpoint Corporation
del service.cmd and exit

Save it to your desktop as File name: service.cmd
Save as type: All Files

Once done, double click service.cmd to run it. A command window will open briefly, then close. This is quite normal.

Now run Hijackthis and place a check nex to the items below then click on fix

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [80acfc05] rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\system32\phgqsihf.dll",b
O4 - HKCU\..\Policies\Explorer\Run: [Windows Printing Driver] gpedits.exe
O23 - Service: Viewpoint Manager Service - Viewpoint Corporation - C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe

Now go to add/remove programs and uninstall the apps below

Viewpoint

Please download the OTMoveIt2 by OldTimer.
  • Save it to your desktop.
  • Please double-click OTMoveIt2.exe to run it. (Vista users, please right click on OTMoveit2.exe and select "Run as an Administrator")
  • Copy the file paths below to the clipboard by highlighting ALL of them and pressing CTRL + C (or, after highlighting, right-click and choose Copy):

Code:
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\phgqsihf.dll
    C:\Program Files\Viewpoint
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\gpedits.exe
  • Return to OTMoveIt2, right click in the "Paste List of Files/Folders to Move" window (under the light Yellow bar) and choose Paste.
  • Click the red Moveit! button.
  • A log of files and folders moved will be created in the c:\_OTMoveIt\MovedFiles folder in the form of Date and Time (mmddyyyy_hhmmss.log). Please open this log in Notepad and post its contents in your next reply.
  • Close OTMoveIt2
If a file or folder cannot be moved immediately you may be asked to reboot the machine to finish the move process. If you are asked to reboot the machine choose Yes.

Ok heres the combofix log, and im working on getting the SAS log now. I ran it before and i dont recall it making a log of what it found though so im running it again.

i cant find the path to qzbvjv.dll

i ran the code to get rid of the view point corp.

i got rid of the hijack lines you told me to except this one:

O4 - HKCU\..\Policies\Explorer\Run: [Windows Printing Driver] gpedits.exe

wasnt there this time.

i also removed view point application from my application list in ADD/Remove Programs from Control Panel.

And finally this is my MovieIt2 log:

File/Folder C:\WINDOWS\system32\phgqsihf.dll not found.
File/Folder C:\Program Files\Viewpoint not found.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\gpedits.exe moved successfully.

OTMoveIt2 by OldTimer - Version 1.0.4.3 log created on 08022008_221627

Done.

Also just wanted to share: A blue screen has opened up twice now with a windows error saying windows is now shutting down because something may be harmful to my computer.

hmm seems like they are getting mad lol. can you post the error code also lets run the tools on below.

Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here or Here

Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
  • Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
  • The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)
  • The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply.
Extra Note:
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediatly.

================================

Please run an on-line virus scan at http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscannerKaspersky OnLine Scan or if that doesnt work, you can use TrendMicro or BitDefender. (Please post the results of the scan(s) in your next reply)

Then post a fresh hijackthis log

heres the MBAM log.

i couldnt get the online scanners to work :-\

This is so strange... this all started yesterday. The only thing i remember downloading is winzip to unzip a couple dvd burning programs that i got from download.com

And sorry i didnt reply last night, the wifey and i had to be up early this morning for something.

Thanks again for helping me daniel

hi and thanks for posting this information. i just purchased a new laptop and its running vista. i think i was able to make the searches that you mentioned for the qzbvjv.dll file, but i was not able to locate anything. i am having difficulty getting this "gpedits box" off the computer. is there any program out there that has a fix for it that you can just download and it takes care of it?

otherwise, can you recommend something else or another way to search for it so i can find it and try the removal process? thank you in advance for all your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back