[Inactive] Infected with backdoor.tideserv!inf

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am infected with backdoor.teideserv!inf. My Symantac virus software cannot clean or quarantine it. The specific file name infected is
C:Windows/system32/drivers/iaStor.sys. Also, everytime I use google search engine it redirects me to a bogus site and sometimes back to Google itself. I had the machine to a tech guy and he could not figure how to get rid of this.

Worst of all everytime I attempt to go into safe mode I get a blue screen message. My computer is about 5 years old, is a Dell with xp professional. I am probably considered a newbie but am willing to do what it takes to rid this bug from my computer. Anyone can help I would appreciate it.

The isStor problem is specific to Dell. I found a fix put out by Dell that I posted yesterday. Let me find that post and I'll refer you to it. This is not a malware problem- it a conflict on Dell RAID motherboards.

As for the redirects, that is totally separate. Can you get into the system at all? If you can, I'd like you to follow these steps in out preliminary virus and malware removal HERE.

Here is the Dell/isStor information with a referenced site:

Dell Dimension E510, iastor.sys, Windows XP blue screen error, stop code 0×000000D1
How to resolve a Stop 0×000000D1 Error Message in IASTOR.SYS in the Microsoft® Windows® XP Operating System?
Here is the Dell provided Fix

Part 1: Change the SATA Operation setting from RAID Autodetect / AHCI to RAID Autodetect / ATA in System Setup.(BIOS)> Perform the following steps:
  • [1]Reboot the computer.
    [2]Press the key on the keyboard immediately after the keyboard LEDs flash to enter the BIOS (System Setup).
    The System Setup screen appears.
    [3]Press the or keys to highlight the Drives section, and then press the key.
    [4]Press the or keys to highlight the SATA Operation section, and then press the key.
    [5]Press the or keys to highlight RAID Autodetect / ATA, and then press the key.
    [6]Press the key to exit the System Setup.
    [7]Press the or keys to highlight Save/Exit, and then press the key.
    [8]The computer restarts.

Part 2: Download and install the Intel® Matrix Storage Driver:> Perform the following steps:

• [1]Click ftp://ftp.us.dell.com/SATA/R130119.EXE to download the R130119.exe file and save to the Desktop.
    [2]Double-click the R130119.EXE file on the desktop.
    [3]The Self-Extracting window appears and prompts you to extract to the C:\DELL\DRIVERS\R130119 directory.
    Write down this path so you can find the Setup.exe file later.
    The Self-Extractor window appears.
    [4]Click OK.
    [5]Click the Start button, and then click Run.
    [6]Type C:\DELL\DRIVERS\R130119 in the Open box and click OK.
    [7]Follow the on-screen installation instructions.

Part 3: Change the SATA Operation setting to RAID Autodetect / AHCI in System Setup:>> Perform the following steps:

• [1]Reboot the system.
    [2]Press the key immediately after the keyboard LEDs flash to enter the System Setup (BIOS).
    [3]Press the and keys to highlight the Drives section and press the key.
    [4]Press the and keys to highlight the SATA Operation section and press the key.
    [5]Press the and keys to highlight RAID Autodetect / AHCI and press the key.
    [6]Press to exit the System Setup (BIOS).
    [7]Press the and keys to highlight Save/Exit and press the key.
The referenced site can be found HERE

The Edits are all mine. The contents are from the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back