Infinite Loop (nothing to do with Nvidia...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vehementi

Ok. So.

I was forced to install Red Hat 7.2 Linux on a different computer than I'm actually going to be running it on, due to my computer now that has dead PS/2 slots. So, I move the hard drive I want Linux to be installed on over to the computer I was going to use to install it. Installation goes without a hitch, and I get to the actual GUI on that computer.

I may just be the dumbest person to ever install Linux.

So I moved it (hard drive) over to the computer I'm going to be using Linux on. Boots up w/o a problem, then I get to the Red Hat screen, where I select what OS I want to load. Naturally, there's only Red Hat. But of course, I'm using a USB keyboard, and it doesn't detect it. Luckily, it automatically booted the selected OS, which was Red Hat. The first 15-20 lines of the loading process appear, and then a line that says "Uncompressing Linux..." or something of the like appears, and then some text appears beyond that. Problem is, I don't have time to read the text (I actually caught OK at the beginning) because my computer reboots right then and there. It keeps doing this, over and over until I shut down my computer.

This is very aggravating. There has to be a solution somewhere. Or, am I out of luck? :(

Well, Phat had the same exact problem as me. Except he had a working keyboard and mouse, which I don't.

I need to know if there's something that I can add to a file on my other computer to fix this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back