Infinite Restart Loop on Dell Inspiron 1525

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sev

Ok so i reinstalled windows xp, now at the loading of windows xp, before the windows set up.. dos set up worked fine, but now it just restarts indefinitly..

Stop Messege is
0x0000007b (0xBACCB528, 0xC0000034, 0X00000000 , 0X00000000)

Any Ideas or help? Would be greatly praised.

Do a clean install. Quick Format to remove files. Full format, using NTFS, for everything else.

if the error is hardware related you will end up with the same error after a fresh install. I'd go for the dump first...

A clean install saves you time in the long run, and is the usual fix for the problem. But no harm done in running the dump and sending it in. The minidump won't tell you much, if anything, about a hardware problem, but could give clues to an infestation. Whereas a clean install on a reformatted drive will fix the mistake that was made.

A clean install saves you time in the long run, and is the usual fix for the problem. But no harm done in running the dump and sending it in. The minidump won't tell you much, if anything, about a hardware problem, but could give clues to an infestation. Whereas a clean install on a reformatted drive will fix the mistake that was made.

This is a clean install.. when the xp was done setting up files for the install it was fine, then when it had its restart it would have explorer start.. but no.. it loads "1 bar" and then restarts.. thats what the problem is... and i cant get to a minidump because it doesnt start >_<

so much for the clean install thing :)
well, you could use a preinst env cd such as bartpe to access the file system and get the minidump.
you could also try to play around with the installed hardware. remove any plug & pray devices and run it with one memory bar at a time. there are alot of system check programs available from 'ultimate boot cd for windows' with which you can check your hdd, memory and stuff. give it a try

Why did you reinstall Windows? Does the problem go back to a previous installed system that failed to run properly?
The stop codes you get are merely the memory dumps from the failure. It would be helpful to know the age of hard drive, and your Inspiron 1525.
Dell Diagnostics are excellent. Does your Inspiron 1525 have the diagnostics available when you press <F12>? If so, run them all. First the quick, then the full diagnostics. A full test of all Dell diagnostics can take two or three hours, but is worth the time.. Otherwise, use the Dell Diagnositics on CD that came with the computer, if they boot and run.
Otherwise, what do you get when you attempt a boot to safe mode?
(As soon as you press the <ON> button, press <F8> repeatedly to see if you get a low resolution reboot, with SAFE MODE as one of the choices.>
SAFE MODE is a good way for early detection of a hardware problem, and some tests you cannot perform in regular mode.
Other simple tests: use just one memory module. Then if good, shut down and reboot using the other. Any difference?
Next you might want to test the hard drive. Any chance you can borrow or buy another hard drive. There are now very low prices for laptop hard drives now at www.directron.com, www.zipzoomfly.com, www.newegg.com, www.tigerdirect.com, www.outpost.com, www.techdepot.com and Frys.
At this time, you still have a lot to check: you can suspect the hard drive, memory modules, video graphics card or port, CPU fan, bad connection to ethernet ANY device plugged into the computer. Use canned air such as Dust Off to clean the air channels.
You have the symptoms of a failed hard drive or failed memory or bad cooling system.
Keep good notes for every step you make, as it will become confusing after a while.
I am betting on the hard drive.

Oh, and, aahh... You can stop the incessent reboots by changing a setting while in Safe Mode. Will save you time and aggravation.

Why did you reinstall Windows? Does the problem go back to a previous installed system that failed to run properly?
The stop codes you get are merely the memory dumps from the failure. It would be helpful to know the age of hard drive, and your Inspiron 1525.
Dell Diagnostics are excellent. Does your Inspiron 1525 have the diagnostics available when you press <F12>? If so, run them all. First the quick, then the full diagnostics. A full test of all Dell diagnostics can take two or three hours, but is worth the time.. Otherwise, use the Dell Diagnositics on CD that came with the computer, if they boot and run.
Otherwise, what do you get when you attempt a boot to safe mode?
(As soon as you press the <ON> button, press <F8> repeatedly to see if you get a low resolution reboot, with SAFE MODE as one of the choices.>
SAFE MODE is a good way for early detection of a hardware problem, and some tests you cannot perform in regular mode.
Other simple tests: use just one memory module. Then if good, shut down and reboot using the other. Any difference?
Next you might want to test the hard drive. Any chance you can borrow or buy another hard drive. At this time, you still have a lot to check: you can suspect the hard drive, memory modules, video graphics card or port, CPU fan, bad connection to ethernet ANY device plugged into the computer. Use canned air such as Dust Off to clean the air channels.
You have the symptoms of a failed hard drive or failed memory or bad cooling system.
Keep good notes for every step you make, as it will become confusing after a while.
I am betting on the hard drive.

its not that the hard drive is failing.. it was working fine before, i just wanted to install winxp ultimate on it, and evidently there needs to be some driver or some thing i got no clue on this one its kinda irratating and the computer is very new just barly got from walmart but i was having wireless issues. this is really depressing because it didnt come with any cd's of any sort.. i think i might need the dell xp install cd that i dont have.. for the hard drive drivers maybe? hrmm this is so wierd

do you mix things up or what do you mean by windows xp ultimate?
which os are you using or trying to use here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back