Inactive Infostealer.gampass cant be removed. Logs attached

Status
Not open for further replies.

dorithy

My Symantic anti-virus keep detecting infostealer.gampass.. The result keep popping up but it doesnt seem remove though result shows cleaned by deletion. However the auto-protect results keep popping the same pop-up non stop till now.
Pls help

Attachments

• Attach.zip
    2.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Attach.txt
    7.3 KB · Views: 1
  • DDS.txt
    20.2 KB · Views: 3
  • GMER.log
    3.2 KB · Views: 2
  • mbam-log-2010-07-22 (23-50-37).txt
    1.9 KB · Views: 2
Please download ComboFix from Here or Here to your Desktop.

**Note: In the event you already have Combofix, this is a new version that I need you to download. It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop**
  1. Please, never rename Combofix unless instructed.
  2. Close any open browsers.
  3. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.
    • Very Important! Temporarily disable your anti-virus, script blocking and any anti-malware real-time protection before performing a scan. They can interfere with ComboFix or remove some of its embedded files which may cause "unpredictable results".
    • Click on this link to see a list of programs that should be disabled. The list is not all inclusive. If yours is not listed and you don't know how to disable it, please ask.
    NOTE1. If Combofix asks you to install Recovery Console, please allow it.
    NOTE 2. If Combofix asks you to update the program, always do so.
    • Close any open browsers.
    • WARNING: Combofix will disconnect your machine from the Internet as soon as it starts
    • Please do not attempt to re-connect your machine back to the Internet until Combofix has completely finished.
    • If there is no internet connection after running Combofix, then restart your computer to restore back your connection.
  4. Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts.
  5. When finished, it will produce a report for you.
  6. Please post the "C:\ComboFix.txt"
**Note: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall**

Make sure, you re-enable your security programs, when you're done with Combofix.

DO NOT make any other changes to your computer (like installing programs, using other cleaning tools, etc.), until it's officially declared clean!!!

ComboFix.txt attached

Attached is the ComboFix log. What to do next?? Tks

Attachments

• ComboFix.txt
    19 KB · Views: 1
You're running two AV programs, Norton and Microsoft Security Essentials. One of them has to go. Your choice. Let me know.

=========================================================================

1. Please open Notepad
  • Click Start , then Run
  • Type notepad .exe in the Run Box.

2. Now copy/paste the entire content of the codebox below into the Notepad window:

Code:
File::
C:\SZKGFS.dat
c:\windows\system32\drivers\kgpfr2.cfg
c:\windows\system32\drivers\kgpcpy.cfg
c:\windows\System32\drivers\dpjgm.sys
c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\covpnwlh.sys

Folder::
c:\programdata\SITEguard
c:\program files\Common Files\iS3
c:\programdata\STOPzilla!

Driver::
aunqiat
urvpndrv

Registry::
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\security center\Monitoring\SymantecAntiVirus]
"DisableMonitoring"=-

3. Save the above as CFScript.txt

4. Then drag the CFScript.txt into ComboFix.exe as depicted in the animation below. This will start ComboFix again.

CFScript.gif

5. After reboot, (in case it asks to reboot), please post the following reports/logs into your next reply:
  • Combofix.txt

ComboFix log attached

ComboFix log attached. Which AV is better that I shud keep? Pls advise. Tks

Attachments

• ComboFix.txt
    19.8 KB · Views: 1
I'm a compulsive Norton hater, if you ask me :)

If you want to remove Norton, make sure to use Norton Removal Tool: http://www.symantec.com/norton/support/kb/web_view.jsp?wv_type=public_web&docurl=20080710133834EN

If Norton removed, make sure to turn Windows firewall on.

Before you remove Norton (if), I'd like to know, if it's still complaining about anything.

Combofix looks good, so...

Uninstall Combofix:
Go Start > Run [Vista users, go Start>"Start search"]
Type in:
Combofix /Uninstall
Note the space between the "Combofix" and the "/Uninstall"
Click OK (Vista users - press Enter).
Restart computer.

Now, you deal with your AV programs configuration and let me know, when you're done.
We'll go from there.

It shows the action taken 'Cleaned by deletion' however it still keep popping up. The filename keep defer everytime like APQFB62.tmp, APQB29E.tmp and so on. Location is C:\ProgramData\Symantec\SRTSP\Quarantine\

That's perfectly fine.
It's located in "Quarantine" folder. Gone. Safe.

Proceed with sorting out your AV program homework :)

OK Tks.. May I know what is the reason i cant have both AV in the system? And why you don't like Norton?

Having two AV programs do NOT increase your security and may and will create conflicts, false positives and both programs fighting for your computer resources.

I don't like Norton, because it uses a lot of resources and it has a history of certain flaws.

Download OTL to your Desktop.

* Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
* Under the Custom Scan box paste this in:

netsvcs
drivers32 /all
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.*
%systemroot%\system32\Spool\prtprocs\w32x86\*.dll
%systemroot%\system32\*.wt
%systemroot%\system32\*.ruy
%systemroot%\Fonts\*.com
%systemroot%\Fonts\*.dll
%systemroot%\system32\spool\prtprocs\w32x86\*.tmp
%systemroot%\*. /mp /s
/md5start
/md5stop
CREATERESTOREPOINT
%systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav
%systemroot%\system32\user32.dll /md5
%systemroot%\system32\ws2_32.dll /md5
%systemroot%\system32\ws2help.dll /md5
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Auto Update\Results\Install|LastSuccessTime /rs

* Click the Quick Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
  • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows: OTL.txt and Extras.txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
  • Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post them back here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back