I have a Toshiba G30 Qosmio Player/Engine
When I try to start Media center it produces an error message as follows
" .NET FRAMEWORK INITILISATION ERROR"
Microsoft.NET framework V1.14322
and I cant open Media Center
Can you help
Thank you
Brian

Simplest solution is to re-install .NET. Bad news is this takes a long time, although it's fully automated. I use a utility call .Net cleanup tool to remove all versions then use Windows Updates to download and isntall all versions. This will take over an hour, maybe longer. I can't attach it because it's an ".exe" file so you'll have to find it on the Internet somewhere.

-- Andy

Hi Andy
unable to delete files and when I try to download .net it says "incompatible with previous installed"
Brian

Hi Andy
In have downloaded Zdelete and ran it but no joy.
On Add and Remove it is still listed as Windows Xp service pack 3 but there isnt any detail in the size of it

Now cured thank you
Now it says video card or drivers not suitable for WINDOWS MEDIA CENTER can you help
Please

First, how to you resolve the .NET initilization error?

Second, what is the video card you have in your system? Once we have that, then go to the web site for the manufacturer and look up the driver for it for Windows Media Center.

-- Andy

It's not a rude question at all! This is a support forum, so there never is a stupid question. We're here to help!

There are several ways. The first is to check Device Manager and see what name it gives you.

Start -> (right-click) My Computer -> manage -> Device Manager -> Display Adpaters

Now the name displayed may or may not be the commercial name (Windows only displays the names it has in it's list, the manufacturer may have renamed it.) So if it's one that you don't recognize or doesn't help you need to use a Diagnostic program such as Lavalys Eversest. you can find it on the Internet and costs $40 (I think) Or you can open the chassis and read the label on the video card.

-- Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back