Instagram is not loading on any desktop browser - here's a fix

AnilD

Experiencing issues with Instagram not loading properly on your desktop web browser? I was having this problem for weeks now and found several people experiencing the same online but no solution. If you're getting the frustrating "Something went wrong" message, here's a fix that worked for me.

Page couldn't load • Instagram 2023-11-12 22-31-47.png

No matter the browser, including mobile browsers, the issue persists. However, the app works fine. This problem can occur with one specific account that is already logged in your browser, but then going incognito won't fix it somehow.

Things to try:

1) Open Instagram in a new browser or incognito window BUT not to any specific account, but to instagram.com. This page will load and you will be able to login fresh, and then it will work normally, at least for this session.

2) The "Secure My Account" fix.
Try using a new browser window as above, however you will also receive an email notice with a "New login on Instagram from ..."

Clicked on the "Secure Your Account" link in this email. Instagram will request verification and after entering this code and verifying the account, the issue will be resolved, and Instagram will work on your usual browser of choice.

3) You may want to try clearing your browser's cache and cookies (or doing so selectively for the instagram domain name), too, but doing the above will likely prevent you from needing to do that.

Back