Installing new GPU screwed something up

I have an ASUS ROG G30AB pc, with an ASUS Z87 motherboard. Default GPU was gtx760. I bought an Radeon RX580, disconnected everyhting swapped the gpus, reconnected the PCI-E power cables, and PC power supply. Now, windows will not boot, not even with the old GPU. It just prompts me to press ctrl+I for the intel ROM option. If I wait, then I see a black screen, with only the mouse cursor. I cannot enter BIOS either even though I see the screen where it says, "press f2 or DEL to enter BIOS." I have tried resetting bios by removing the battery for some time. I have tried the BIOS reset switch. I have tried booting without a GPU installed.

Now, I'm no expert in the matter, but to me it sounds like if your old GPU does not work anymore, then it may be that you have inadvertently damaged the GPU slot in the motherboard. Does your CPU have integrated graphics? Does the computer POST (beep when you turn it on, if you have speakers)? Have you tried installing the GPU in the other slot of your motherboard? And last but not least, is everything secured in tightly and turned on?

Yes it is to get to the RAID.
It does have integrated graphics, which I tried as well. Removing the gpu, and connecting to the motherboard HDMI. Still did not work. It is in ASUS service now, hope they can fix it soon.

Back