Insufficient disk space

Mark Fuller

I just bought a Sandisk 128g flash drive and intended to transfer some videos from my sd card on my cell phone to it, but when I try I get an error message saying it has insufficient disk space although there has been no data put on it. It has no problems transferring files from the hdd on the pc.

There might be a formatting issue with the flash drive. Here's what you can try:

1. Formatting: Most flash drives come pre-formatted, but sometimes errors occur. Connect the drive to your computer and try formatting it. This will erase any existing data (so double-check!), but should allow you to use the full 128GB.

I just bought a Sandisk 128g flash drive and intended to transfer some videos from my sd card on my cell phone to it, but when I try I get an error message saying it has insufficient disk space although there has been no data put on it. It has no problems transferring files from the hdd on the pc.
I expect flash drive is formatted as FAT32 and 4GB is maximum file size. Formatting it into another format helps.

Back