Intel Arc A750 ships October 12 starting at $289

Tudor Cibean

Staff
Something to look forward to: Intel will launch three cards on October 12 -- the Arc A770 Limited Edition ($349), the Arc A770 ($329), and the Arc A750 ($289). The company claims all of these GPUs should slot in between the more expensive RTX 3060 and RTX 3060 Ti performance-wise. In the long run, having a third player in the GPU market should benefit consumers as they're all competing to provide better value-minded products.

At its Innovation event on this week, Intel announced pricing and availability of its flagship Arc A770 desktop GPU. Today, the company is giving us more details about the rest of its A700 lineup including the A770 Limited Edition and the A750.

First up, Intel confirmed that the Arc A770 Limited Edition has an MSRP of $349, just $20 more than the standard A770. Both feature 32 Xe cores and a 225W TDP, but the LE comes with memory chips with twice the capacity and nine percent higher clock speeds, resulting in a total of 16GB of GDDR6 and 560GB/s of bandwidth.

Meanwhile, the Arc A750 will also arrive on October 12, just like its higher-end siblings, but at an MSRP of $289. It utilizes a cut-down ACM-G10 GPU featuring 28 Xe cores paired with 8GB of VRAM and a TDP of 225W. Intel claims it's on average six percent faster at 1440p than an RTX 3060, which can currently be found for around $370. However, DirectX 11 games look less convincing even on the company's performance charts, so stay tuned for our full review.

Hopefully, Intel has ironed out most of the issues with its graphics drivers, and this launch will go more smoothly than the Arc A380 a few months ago. There will also be custom models available from board partners such as Acer, ASRock, Gunnir, and MSI.

There are now four GPUs launching on October 12, including the Arc A770 Limited Edition, the Arc A770, the Arc A750, and the RTX 4090, although Nvidia's flagship will be in a different price tier as it costs 4-5 more than Intel's cards. Interestingly, Team Blue's GPUs support DisplayPort 2.0 (UHBR 10), while Nvidia's card is limited to DisplayPort 1.4a.

Permalink to story.

Double memory at higher speed is worth $20, but what will AIB prices be?
Hopefully this will put some price pressure on the midrange segment, which is looking to stay stagnant from AMD and Nvidia for the rest of the year.

Double memory at higher speed is worth $20, but what will AIB prices be?
Hopefully this will put some price pressure on the midrange segment, which is looking to stay stagnant from AMD and Nvidia for the rest of the year.
I doubt that. Intel will just fit into price market. Maybe we will get a discount like 10-20$ compare to equivalent amd/nvidia card, nothing more. Besides nobody who knows something about hardware want to be a beta tester for new drivers.

Pure speculation here... but if AMD launches RDNA3 with pricing tiers competitive with Intel on November, then Nvidia might get rug-pulled on their pricing strategy if they don't get their act together on RTX4060 and below.

As an aside: not sure why people are calling the RTX4080 an actual 4070... 12GB VRAM + 192-bit memory bus sounds very 60-series to me!

You can buy a RX 6600 for $230 right now. $289 for the A750 is a fantasy, strictly looking at gaming.
A 3060 is about 30% quicker than an RX 6600 - you need to get an RX 6600 XT to get close in performance to a 3060 and they are much more expensive. So if the A750 is even comparable to a 3060 then it's a good deal at $280 but we'll see. The drivers for the earlier releases weren't exactly stellar!

"A potential RTX 3060 competitor?" = Doubtful. Just on the driver front, let alone features like DLSS. A770 is likely a competitor to the weak *** 3060. I dont think the hardware in a A750 can match a 3060. I've a 3070. I owned a 3060 for an hour before returning. It felt noticeably worse than my 1080. Worse - it ran hotter with less performance. Not the the greatest card to try and match. Quite a waste IMO. Min match for me should be aiming for 3060TI. Perhaps the A780 can do that.

"A potential RTX 3060 competitor?" = Doubtful. Just on the driver front, let alone features like DLSS. A770 is likely a competitor to the weak *** 3060. I dont think the hardware in a A750 can match a 3060.
Hardware-specs wise, the A750 is far better than an RTX 3060 -- 15% higher FP32 throughput, 131% texel rate, 169% pixel output rate, 433% more L2 cache, 43% more memory bandwidth, and has far more XMX Engines (the exact same things as Nvidia's Tensor Cores) for DL upscaling.

The chip is good. The drivers...ah...we'll have to wait and see...

I doubt that. Intel will just fit into price market. Maybe we will get a discount like 10-20$ compare to equivalent amd/nvidia card, nothing more. Besides nobody who knows something about hardware want to be a beta tester for new drivers.
I disagree, I actually think Intel is out for blood this first generation. They want to capture the mid-to-low markets, so that when the 2nd and 3rd gen for them launches, and they're finally competitive in terms of performance at the high end, they have a 'decent' reputation to trade on.

THEN, the price gouging begins.

Hey Techspot:

When you review these cards and include them in your GPU round-ups, can you also compare them to cards like the top-end 900, 1000, and 2000 series GPUs? A lot of people skipped the 3000 series (and 2000), and are likely wondering if buying one of these "3060 equivalent" cards would see any kind of real improvement.

A 3060 is about 30% quicker than an RX 6600 - you need to get an RX 6600 XT to get close in performance to a 3060 and they are much more expensive. So if the A750 is even comparable to a 3060 then it's a good deal at $280 but we'll see. The drivers for the earlier releases weren't exactly stellar!
RTX and DLSS aside, the 3060 about 5% faster than the 6600 at 1080p...

A750 is DOA at MSRP unless there's a premium for it's encoding capabilities.

Last edited:
Back