Intel Graphics Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

rduff

Hopefully someone can help with this query as I don't know very much about graphics cards. I've connected an external 19inch monitor to my Sony laptop which the graphics driver (Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset v7.14.10.1295) can support with a maximum resolution of 1440 x 900. However I now want to upgrade to a larger 23 inch screen with a 1920 x1080 resolution. Basically I'm not sure if the drivers capability is determined by the specification of external equipment connected to it, so need to know if I have to upgrade the graphics card as well. Any assistance would be appreciated.

I'm not absolutely certain but if your onboard graphics adapter specifies the maximum supported resolution to 1440 x 900 then I don't think you can exceed that. You could always connect the 23" screen and run it at 1440 x 900 although it would look bad.

However, I suggest you wait for other opinions from the experts here before taking my word for it.

You'll have to upgrade your laptop if you want something to give you a bigger external resolution, the Intel Graphics are on board graphics built into your motherboard and you can't install your own laptop graphics without doing lots of modding to your laptop as far as I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back