Intel-manufactured Nvidia GPUs could be coming soon

DragonSlayer101

Staff
What just happened? Last year, Nvidia CEO Jensen Huang confirmed that the company was in talks with Intel to manufacture its future GPUs. Now, in a media event in Taipei, Taiwan, Huang claimed that early test results for an Intel-manufactured Nvidia chip based on the former's s next-gen process node have yielded good results, and both companies are "evaluating the process" on how best to move forward.

Intel CEO Pat Gelsinger also confirmed that the company has added a new customer for its Intel 3 node, but did not officially reveal the name of its client. In a statement, Gelsinger said "I am very happy that we were able to add a leading cloud, edge, and data center solutions provider as a leading-edge customer for Intel 3." End products based on the Intel 3 node are expected to start rolling out in the second half of 2023.

Intel typically uses both TSMC and Samsung foundries to manufacture its GPUs, but Huang has long talked about tying up with other foundry services to "expand (its) supply base with diversity and redundancy at every single layer." The driving force behind Nvidia's move to diversify its supplier base is the rising tensions between the U.S. and China, which has led some U.S. officials to suggest that in the event of a Chinese invasion of Taiwan, the U.S. military should bomb the TSMC facilities rather than let China get access to any cutting-edge technology.

While the tie-up between Intel and Nvidia makes sense when looked at from the geo-political perspective, it has nonetheless raised more than a few eyebrows. The two companies are direct competitors on both the CPU and GPU fronts, and many have wondered whether it makes sense for them to share information about their chip design with one another. Either way, if Nvidia does end up using Intel's foundries to manufacture its GPUs, they will most likely be built in the US.., at the latter's upcoming factory in Arizona.

Getting Nvidia's business is critical to Intel, as the company has experienced a tumultuous time over the past year. In the first quarter, the company reported its largest quarterly loss in history, with revenue down 36 percent and earnings per share down a whopping 133 percent compared to the same period last year.

Gelsinger has been scathing in his assessment of the company's troubles, telling The Wall Street Journal that the chipmaker has experienced "serious issues in terms of leadership, people, methodology, et cetera." The company's foundry business has also struggled to get customers until now, so nabbing a big client like Nvidia could be exactly what the doctor ordered.

Permalink to story.

Let's see ... greedy company-1 will sell fab space for greedy company-2 and both of them are rivals making GPUs... hmmm predict popcorn level idiocy

Let's see ... greedy company-1 will sell fab space for greedy company-2 and both of them are rivals making GPUs... hmmm predict popcorn level idiocy
And how is that supposed to differ from greedy company-3 selling fab space for greedy company-4 where both arent rivals in the GPU market?

Come on people, AMD, Intel, and Nvidia are owned by the same people, Vanguard and BlackRock. Who also own Disney, etc, etc. They all sleep together, don't expect competition or even diverse points of view from these orgs. You wonder why AMD never beats Nvidia? Even when AMD has products people want they don't price them competitively enough? You wonder why it seems Intel chips and AMD chips always come out about the same performance? You wonder why you as a customer just are not that important? Well, welcome to the new stakeholder capitalism, where two investment firms basically dictate nearly all big corporations.

"Intel typically uses both TSMC and Samsung foundries to manufacture its GPUs, but Huang has long talked about tying up with other foundry services to "expand (its) supply base with diversity and redundancy at every single layer."

Shouldnt that read "Nvidia" instead of "Intel" at the start of the sentence?

Come on people, AMD, Intel, and Nvidia are owned by the same people, Vanguard and BlackRock. Who also own Disney, etc, etc. They all sleep together, don't expect competition or even diverse points of view from these orgs.
And who do you think are these "same people" from Vanguard and BlackRock?

(Hint: One of them just asked you this question)

Last edited:
And who do you think are "the people" owning Vanguard and BlackRock?

(Hint: One of them just asked you this question)
They are investment firms, you have no say in what BlackRock or Vanguard are requiring of these organizations. You simply have your investments with them and that allows them to have power over these organizations.

"Behaviors are going to have to change and this is one thing we are asking companies, you have to force behaviors and at BlackRock, we are forcing behaviors,” Fink said.

This is why all of a sudden nearly all of these corporations are saying the same thing, hiring ESG marketing and hiring staff, etc. These "investment firms" are destroying corporations and replacing cultures. They are not benevolent actors, but hey, you'll earn a buck or two I guess.

These CEOs are using your financial investments to force compliance on organizations to their own brand of ideology. If you are good with being dictated to by every corporation what you ought to think, well I guess you've invested with the right people.

Last edited:
They are investment firms, you have no say in what BlackRock or Vanguard are requiring of these organizations. You simply have your investments with them and that allows them to have power over these organizations.

"Behaviors are going to have to change and this is one thing we are asking companies, you have to force behaviors and at BlackRock, we are forcing behaviors,” Fink said.

"Founder and former chairman John C. Bogle is credited with the creation of the first index fund available to INDIVIDUAL INVESTORS and was a proponent and major enabler of low-cost investing by INDIVIDUALS"
[...]
"Vanguard is owned by the funds managed by the company and is therefore owned by its CUSTOMERS"

Same goes for BlackRock

"Founder and former chairman John C. Bogle is credited with the creation of the first index fund available to INDIVIDUAL INVESTORS and was a proponent and major enabler of low-cost investing by INDIVIDUALS"
[...]
"Vanguard is owned by the funds managed by the company and is therefore owned by its CUSTOMERS"

Same goes for BlackRock
Please call Larry Fink them and ask him to stop putting pressure on companies to comply with ESG and his personal ideological bend. I'll be impressed if he listens to you.

Please call Larry Fink them and ask him to stop putting pressure on companies to comply with ESG and his personal ideological bend. I'll be impressed if he listens to you.
Why would I? He is acting in the sense of stakeholders (like me and million others). I want my Allworld-ETF invested capital to actually grow, not to shrink!

You just seem to confuse "Nvidia (or Intel/AMD/TSMC/whatever) Corp." with "Nvidia Welf.".
Corporations main interest is to grow wealth, not to satisfy peoples needs at the lowest possible price!

nVidia's biggest investor is Jensen Huang, their CEO. Intel has always had a contract portion to their fabs. nVidia asking Intel to make chips for it is no different than them asking TSMC, Global Foundries, Samsung, Texas instruments or any other global fab.

This will likely be for AI chips, not gaming GPUs. nVidia is currently making money by selling shovels to the people digging in the AI mines. Intel doesn't currently have an AI chip but I'm sure they'd like to dip their legs in the AI chip selling waters, this allows them to do that.

This is different for sure. Intel paid AMD a bunch of money for a leg up in GPU tech. nVidia are paying Intel now to hand over nVidia's similar tech.

Come on people, AMD, Intel, and Nvidia are owned by the same people, Vanguard and BlackRock. Who also own Disney, etc, etc. They all sleep together, don't expect competition or even diverse points of view from these orgs. You wonder why AMD never beats Nvidia? Even when AMD has products people want they don't price them competitively enough? You wonder why it seems Intel chips and AMD chips always come out about the same performance? You wonder why you as a customer just are not that important? Well, welcome to the new stakeholder capitalism, where two investment firms basically dictate nearly all big corporations.

Unless you own companies outright - by security law they have to run independently even if 90% in both - minority shareholders could launch a civil action.

Given the game theory is quite interesting how 2 or more 100% companies should be run - greater profits ve a dominoes catastrophe- - even in same umbrella Samsung Display vs Samsung say TV ( electronics ) etc

Plus any monopoly law - subsidising "another" company
I suppose Dubai Airways is a bit dubious with probably cheap Jet Fuel but let's not annoy their oil producer friends

Back