Intermittant BSOD Dump

Tried to do this myself by downloading MS debug tools which <of course> didn't work. I swear the guys at MS must be rolling in the isles with every "help" note they publish.

I get an occasional BSOD that is driving me nuts. In any case the dump is attached and I appreciate any thoughts from anyone.

Attachments

• KSJ012114.zip
    22.5 KB · Views: 4
The single minidump points to a hard drive or boot drive issue. Any ideas what the computers specs are?

Would very much like to know specifically what tells you this from the memory dump. I was able to view the dump eventually but couldn't make anything concrete from the tags. Did see one sys filename but that is a general file used for a lot of calls.

I assumed the specs would be part of the header. Win7/64 16GB i7/3.8GHz Samsung 840 SSD 1TB

By the way FOR MODERATOR - the message coming from techspot re reply received contains a trojan.

From moderator: I already replied to your PM. No need to post multiple times.

Can we assume that the boot drive is the SSD? Is it on a SATA 3 port configured AHCI? As I said, the minidump suggests that the problem lies with the boot drive, but you would be wise to check the memory too

Would very much like to know specifically what tells you this from the memory dump. I was able to view the dump eventually but couldn't make anything concrete from the tags. Did see one sys filename but that is a general file used for a lot of calls.

I assumed the specs would be part of the header. Win7/64 16GB i7/3.8GHz Samsung 840 SSD 1TB

By the way FOR MODERATOR - the message coming from techspot re reply received contains a trojan.

From moderator: I already replied to your PM. No need to post multiple times.
Only posted once - thanks for the reply

From moderator: Okay, technically you posted once but you also PMed me. I don't know if you PMed anyone else. Anyway. once is still enough.

Can we assume that the boot drive is the SSD? Is it on a SATA 3 port configured AHCI? As I said, the minidump suggests that the problem lies with the boot drive, but you would be wise to check the memory too
Yes everything set for an SSD running SATA3 & yes it is the boot drive. It's also a new drive with about 50-hours on it. When looking at the dump, what points you to the boot drive?

Ntoskrnl.exe, Win32k.sys... PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. With a standard hard drive this is a pretty common indication of hard drive trouble. With an SSD we are seeing this more and more, but the true cause is elusive. Did the BSOD's start with the addition of the SSD?

Ntoskrnl.exe, Win32k.sys... PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. With a standard hard drive this is a pretty common indication of hard drive trouble. With an SSD we are seeing this more and more, but the true cause is elusive. Did the BSOD's start with the addition of the SSD?
Well, never had an issue prior to this SSD install. In fact no issues with the drive until this last one after about 50-hours of ops. This was the first and so far the last issue so not a lot of history. Thanks again for the help. I will keep an eye on it now that I know what to look for.

Back