Internet connection troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

deseraligears

hi:

have had a recurring problem lately with internet router shows no connection computer says connected ISP modem does not show connecting or just for a moment.

I am hardwired to isp and router but would prefer wireless!

Isp provider comcast modem comcast router Belkin wireless n

I used syestem restore one time and it seemd to work but I really want to be wireless

also i keep get connecting to 3 g dialing and than cannot connect.

3 g is for my att&t stick but i have not been using it.

I am sure I have thourghaly confucewd this problem, any help would be appreciated.

Whit what little you have told us, it could be anything...
Write out a plan of attack, and keep notes on everything you do. You have a lot of possibilities to consider.
Usually, it can be as simple as fully uninstalling, rebooting, then reinstalling the Belkin
But I would download a number of suggested approaches from various online sites... then develop a plan from their list that seems to fit your problem and your ability to track down the problem.
If you really want wireless, then start with that plan..
Count on being down for a day or two, but you will be smarter and happier when you are done.

Your router and wifi adaptor must use the same mode, a+a, b+b, g+g, or n+n.
Some routers support multiple modes at the same time (eg g+n or 'auto') but we see
many users comming here with disconnect issues.

Generally, we see more stability when the router and wifi cards are using ONLY one mode.

Always use a wired connect to configure the router as any change will drop current wifi connections and you lose control.

login the router admin/pwd; then set the router to the mode supported by your wifi adaptor.
While you're there, set a unique SSID and non-default channel.
Also change (AND DOCUMENT FOR LATER) the admin password.

You should be able to connect using the wifi - - come back to the router and add the encryption setup (WPA2, WPA and least safe, the WEP).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back