Internet problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
my dads pc crashed the other day, which i reckon was from a virus ( he opened an email, then blue screen and bang!) anyway, the pc started up again, and he lost alot of data, but the weird thing is, the router we're connected to, wont let him access the internet at all, yet it is definately connected to the router and my computer is connected to the same router yet the internet is working. so the router is fine!

im just wondering if anyone has any ideas about what could be happening and if theres a fix without doing a fresh install of an OS.

Thanks

You can download this to your computer then transfer it

Highjackthis Instructions
  • Make sure you have the LATEST version of HJT (currently v2.0.0.2) it can be downloaded from HERE
  • Run the HijackThis Installer and it will automatically place HJT in C:\Program Files\TrendMicro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe. Please don't change the directory.
  • After installing, the program launches automatically, select Scan now and save a log
  • After the scan is complete please attach your log onto the forums using the paper clip icon above your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back