IP Configuration Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,
I was recently messing around with network bridges and discovered that my wireless internet stopped working. My connection was still up but I couldn't get on the net. So then I tried to plug in my computer via ethernet cable but I still had the same problem. I then went into the command prompt and used ipconfig /all. The problem is that rather than coming up with my IP address, Default gateway, etc. It just had one line saying "Windows IP Configuration".

Thanks in advance,
Mackio

Yeah its not working but do you think it would be safe if i did start->run->devmgmt.msc->Network Adapters and uninstalled Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet and Intel Pro/Wireless then reinstalled with the disc. (running windows xp by the way)

Actually, sounds as though you might need to reinstall those drivers! And once reinstalled from CD and you have connectivity again be sure to go to right website(s) to look if any newer driver versions available.

And if you can download from another machine and then transfer to your "internet challenged" computers:
- Click here to download XP SP2 Support Tools install package from the MS download center. (and should be no problem if you're now running SP3)
- Update your PATH environment variable with the new directory. You can just copy the string in bold (note it begins with a semi-colon) ;C:\Program Files\Support Tools and paste it at end of current PATH
- Now, instead of ipconfig try using netdiag and see what you think
- Then you can browse thru/try out the other tools over time

my input, even thoug its only a hobby... UNBRIDGE YOUR CONNECTIONS.. reverse it all, that way, its acting as a network not as ad hoc, but infrastructure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back