Ipaq 2215 and Hotmail

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been battling my Ipaq 2215's recently taken-on refusal to log onto Hotmail via its wireless card (a Symbol). It works great on other sites but just won't let me get onto Hotmail. Whenever I go to msn.com I get this message "Download the 890 bytes file 'default.aspx' to the 'My Documents' folder in Main Memory?" I click Yes, it says the file already exists and should it replace it and I click Yes and then nothing happens.
Anybody who's defeated this demon? Many thanks. I'm brand new on TechSpot
Jerry

If it refuses to work Via Wireless. reinstall the wireless card's drivers.

Is there a way for you to test another laptop/wireless desktop on your network to see if they can access hotmail from your network?

And I assume you have tried your laptop plugged in by ethernet and it works just fine then ??

Hi,
My laptop works just fine with my network. And my Ipaq's wireless card accesses the Internet, it just won't access Hotmail, where I have my email account.
Thanks for your response.
Jerry

I know it works fine on the network but somewhere, the settings for the wireless have either changed or corrupted, it isn't letting you through a secure website, that is why I suggested to reinstall the wireless drivers, it's worth a shot.

Was the wireless working just fine to log into hotmail before?

Ipaq won't do Hotmail

I know it works fine on the network but somewhere, the settings for the wireless have either changed or corrupted, it isn't letting you through a secure website, that is why I suggested to reinstall the wireless drivers, it's worth a shot.

Was the wireless working just fine to log into hotmail before?

Just reinstalled the Symbol card and tried to open Hotmail. Got the same prompt to install the Default aspx file. Went to HP to see if I could reinstall drivers for the 2215 but they don't support it anymore. Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back