IRQL not less or equal and page fault in non paged area BSODs

Hi everybody,

For the past 1 month I've been getting Irql not less or equal and Page fault in non paged area BSODs every day several times and I have read so many posts for troubleshooting these errors and tried so many of them, from a clean windows 7 install to updating drivers, using driver sweeper and then updating again and what not..

But I just dotn seem to understand whats wrong. Tried understanding the minidumps using bluescreen view and I all could gather was some issue with ntoskernel.exe

I'm attaching my minidumps, can someone please tell me whats wrong - is it my laptop getting too hot or some driver etc?

Extra Info: The laptop is HP dv-7 running Win7-x64 and does seem to get pretty hot, especially when I'm playing Counter Strik 1.6 on Steam and crashes are much more frequent when I'm playing Steam CS 1.6

Thanks and Regards

Attachments

• minidumps.zip
    195.4 KB · Views: 2
Thanks for the response.
I've performed the checkdisk, results were fine. I'm now putting it on memtest.

By the way, I ran superfan and noticed the temperatures were:
40, 65 and core was fluctuating between 72-78!

Im sure that's high but does it point to anything specific?

At first the memtest86 wont complete only. The screen used to go off mid way which I suspected was due to over-heating.

Finally, after some tries, the memtest was complete till 7 pass with no errors.

So, I took the laptop to a service center nearby, where I told the guy to open the laptop and clean it thoroughly especially the fan and area around the cpu.

I got him replace the Thermal Compound and used Arctic Silver 5.

Now that I have the laptop back, it is running fine. Its been 3 days and no BSODs till now.

Okay djlaksh,
I have been struggling with heat issues with my laptop repairs of late. The CPU's seem fine with just Arctic Silver, but the graphics and north-bridge chips seem to need the silicone pads or the copper shims for proper heat dissipation

Back