IRQL not less or equal crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all;

I get an "IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL" whenever I play games for around 5 minutes; other times, it just crashes to desktop, or I'm left with stuttering sound and a black screen with flickering lines on it. I've tried keeping the clock on the GFX cards stable (I'm running two Radeon 4850s in crossfire) and checking if anything's overheating (it isn't). Low graphic-intensive applications work fine.

I'm also running a Q6600 and 6GB of DDR2 @ 800mhz.

I've attached the crashdump of the BSOD in a zip file.

Thanks for any help, and forgive me if this is in the wrong forum.

Too many possibilities to list here, but it is usually a hardware failure... we have seen all of these issues be the cause of such a message:

Could be too little or too much thermal paste between your CPU and heat sink;
Memory failure of one memory module, for which you should run MemTest or MemTest86 on each module individually, for four hours or seven passes; video graphics card not plugged in properly or defective; CPU clocking error; CPU cooling error; CPU fan failure or erratic behavior; defect or install failure in any device plugged into a PCI slot such as modem, even if unused, sound card, USB card; Wireless card, Ethernet card; Motherboard battery (CVR2032) aging or defective; or a defective cable to one of the above... and in very rare events, a failed motherboard.

When caused by a device plugged into a PCI slot, it does not have to be installed, or used.

You will see many other suggestions here. The point is that it takes some work and time to track it down. We recommend making a list so you can organize your time and make sure you try every possibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back