Is it a virus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmado

hi , recently when opening my msn account , any online person on my list gets a message that says "can i up some of these pics of ya to my myspace profile?" and it sends a file called album , although i didn't send it . it is sent automatically. can anybody help? i would be thankful .

Doesn't sound like a virus, I've seen those on the instant messages. You can block the user who has sent that. Just don't except stuff like that unless you trust the user. I still won't accept anything like that in any case.

Just be careful, think before you accept anything...

It is indeed. If I understood you right. You are the one sending those annoying messages without actually doing anything

Highjackthis Instructions
  • Make sure you have the LATEST version of HJT (currently v2.0.0.2) it can be downloaded from HERE
  • Run the HijackThis Installer and it will automatically place HJT in C:\Program Files\TrendMicro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe. Please don't change the directory.
  • After installing, the program launches automatically, select Scan now and save a log
  • After the scan is complete please attach your log onto the forums using the paper clip icon above your reply.

thanks tipstir and blind dragon . to be honest, i didn't expect ur reply that fast . well thanks again and soon i will post my log file. bye

What do you use to protect the system right now? Did you run a scan on them ahmado?

Blind Dragon said:
It is indeed. If I understood you right. You are the one sending those annoying messages without actually doing anything

Highjackthis Instructions
  • Make sure you have the LATEST version of HJT (currently v2.0.0.2) it can be downloaded from HERE
  • Run the HijackThis Installer and it will automatically place HJT in C:\Program Files\TrendMicro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe. Please don't change the directory.
  • After installing, the program launches automatically, select Scan now and save a log
  • After the scan is complete please attach your log onto the forums using the paper clip icon above your reply.

What are you using for for anti-spy? I see you have SuperAnti-spyware and AVIR free is this correct?

tipster said:
What are you using for for anti-spy? I see you have SuperAnti-spyware and AVIR free is this correct?

The links in my signature are to free versions of the software that I recommend. I use Avira Antivir for antivirus and SAS/MBAM mainly for Antispyware

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

@ahmado

Upload a File to Virustotal
Please visit Virustotal found HERE
  • Click the Browse... button
  • Navigate to the file C:\WINDOWS\system32\rwuyt.exe
  • Click the Open button
  • Click the Send button
  • Copy and paste the results back here please.

Blind Dragon said:
The links in my signature are to free versions of the software that I recommend. I use Avira Antivir for antivirus and SAS/MBAM mainly for Antispyware

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

@ahmado

Upload a File to Virustotal
Please visit Virustotal found HERE
  • Click the Browse... button
  • Navigate to the file C:\WINDOWS\system32\rwuyt.exe
  • Click the Open button
  • Click the Send button
  • Copy and paste the results back here please.

I see you're really into this stuff. I did some checking at this site...
http://www.anti-malware-test.com/?q=taxonomy/term/5

Which told me about this rootkit which was rated and tested out of all the rootkits
http://www.antirootkit.com/software/RootKit-Unhooker.htm

I don't have rootkit problem, but what the heck..

Lastly the these results of all the av in use they don't have PC tools AV though
http://www.av-comparatives.org/seiten/ergebnisse_2008_02.php

The mailware one you have highlighted isn't for free looks like you have to buy it. SuperAntispyware one is taking me to the pro site . Not the free one. AVIR I use to use that in the past but I still see it's still popular.

Okay here something you might not be aware of is the complete testing of all the spyware versions (spy-bot) and end user reviews plus they can be download from here too.. http://www.spychecker.com/software/antispy.html

Interesting tip on the virus total scan, I ran it on trojan file to see if it could detect it. Came up 0%. But I'll run the program to see if it did had one. report back in a few..

I will check out all my links, maybe they need updated. When I can't find anything on a file I upload to Virustotal or Jotti to see if anybody has definitions for the file yet. If they do not then I have the user upload it to the people who make various tools that we use

When I click my SUPERantispyware link there are 2 boxes - one says free other says free pro trial

Avira's antirootkit application is also free

MBAM is free, you have the option of buying it from within the app. but it is free to download/update/scan

Blind Dragon said:
I will check out all my links, maybe they need updated. When I can't find anything on a file I upload to Virustotal or Jotti to see if anybody has definitions for the file yet. If they do not then I have the user upload it to the people who make various tools that we use

When I click my SUPERantispyware link there are 2 boxes - one says free other says free pro trial

Avira's antirootkit application is also free

MBAM is free, you have the option of buying it from within the app. but it is free to download/update/scan

Oh ok thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back