Is it my MOBO or is the processor or power supply causing my system to run at 1.252

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read prior strings and listened to the advise. My Emachines T2865 was suddenly locking up and shuting off on its own until 1 day it would not boot. Took to a service center and replaced my Athlon XP 2800+. Everything seemed to be ok until I started burning some MP3's and would not get full burn of the tracks on my burner. Replaced burner and added TV card. System seemed to be running very slow so I checked the processor. Windows and the AMD CPUID tool said 1.252 at 100 mhz. The jumpers on the board are at 166 setting, the bios does not allow an adjust to the FSB but reloaded the Bios settings anyway and still it says 1.252 / 100mhz. The Mobo is a FIC AU31 with no capabilities to set clockin other than the jumpers on the board.

Why is my new processor running at half speed. Is the Mobo bad or can a dying or intermittent power supply cause the Athlon to run at half speed??

the bios is telling it to run at that speed . maybe try and use a windows utility to overclock it . or see if emachines has a bios update for it . its a nforce 2 so u may be able to use ntune on it ...

I tried the Nvidia Systems Tool to reset the clocking and still the bios says 1.252/100. The best I got using the toll before it crashed was around 1.3 mHz. Any other suggestions?? I just can't seem to make any adjust to the clocking. The jumper on the Mobo is set in the right position. Is it the Mobo?? What if there is a voltage problem will it cause the Athlon to run slow?? That's why I was suspect of the power supply. Maybe I should just scrap the emachines and move on...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back