Is My Build Compatible?

Hey.

I'm new to this site, and I was wondering if I could get some help with my computer. From what I've seen, it says my computer is compatible with all the parts I've chosen. But I wanted some help on here, to make sure they will work. Below are a list of parts that I will be getting:

Just to give some perspective, I will be using the computer to record videos, play games, and render out edited videos. If you think there are better parts to suit the build, or if there are any parts that need to be exchanged, please tell me below. Also, I want to stay at least under $1,400

Thanks,

Jettster

Personaly from just a quick overview so dont take everything for my word, this build seems like it would work well.
What I would do is:
1) I dont think that this build will be able to use a 450W PSU because your parts are pretty high end and the 970 draws alot of power (145W around about) plus everything else I think that you should get a 500W+ PSU so you wont ever have problems related to power you can overclock and be a little future proof.
2) Why not go with more lower storage HDD's and put them in RAID 0? like 3 1tb HDD? each having like 75mb/s totaling to 225mb/s at the minimum as most modern HDDs are faster than those speeds.

Hope this helped and this is only what I would do. Dont take my word for any facts etc from this comment.
Enjoy
~Joe

Everything should be compatible. But your power supply could make things a little difficult due to lack of connectors, more than it's power rating. Your selected powersupply comes with only one PCIe 6 pin power connector and three 4 pin molex peripheral connectors, among other things. Your selected card requires two 6 pin PCIe connectors. Now, the card should come with a couple molex to PCIe 6 pin adapters, each adapter using two molex connectors. If you were to use one of those adapters, you'd be left with one molex connector left. In addition, your two hard drives and one optical drive will take three of the four SATA connectors that are included. So you'd be left with one SATA connector and one molex connector for everything else you might have to plug in, including case fans, controller panels, add-on cards and such. If you're okay with having only these two spare power connectors and/or comfortable with using y split cables then don't worry about it.

As for the rating, a single +12v rail, 450w power supply will technically be enough to run a 970 and the rest of the equipment. My current system has a 500w PSU with older, less efficient hardware across the board and I'm stable even with a little bit of overclocking. However, I do agree with the sentiment that a little extra headroom would be wise, both for futureproofing and just to make sure you do actually have enough power for everything.

Finally, in regards to your choice of drives, I would strongly advocate using a Solid State Drive for your primary boot drive. In fact, if you're going to be doing a lot of video editing and/or rendering I'd consider getting a second SSD and use that as a scratch disk when you'd editing. Your editing experience, in my mind, will be much better if the source location can do a better job keeping up with the editing/rendering process. You could even double up on the memory, create a ram drive out of half of it and use that as a small scratch disk. If you must have only two drives, as long as you're not permanently storing completed projects in an uncompressed format, 3TB should last for a while, while sticking to a 256GB or 512GB SSD to as your boot drive would help with the heavier lifting.

Hope this helps~

1) I dont think that this build will be able to use a 450W PSU because your parts are pretty high end and the 970 draws alot of power (145W around about) plus everything else I think that you should get a 500W+ PSU so you wont ever have problems related to power you can overclock and be a little future proof.
As for the rating, a single +12v rail, 450w power supply will technically be enough to run a 970 and the rest of the equipment. My current system has a 500w PSU with older, less efficient hardware across the board and I'm stable even with a little bit of overclocking. However, I do agree with the sentiment that a little extra headroom would be wise, both for futureproofing and just to make sure you do actually have enough power for everything.
I agree. the 450W is cutting it close. I'd consider at least a 600W or even 800W if SLI is an option for a later date.

Back