Is my MicroSD card recoverable?

So I have a Sandisk 32gb class 4 SDHC card and it won't show up in Explorer, Disk Management or even when using list disk in the command prompt. There are also no errors in the event viewer either when I insert it. It makes a sound when inserting it and removing it into my Asus Windows 8.1 laptop, but that is probably because it's in a micro SD to SD adapter. When I insert the damaged micro SD card into my Android tablet, it recognizes that a card has been inserted, yet when I go to storage options and try to mount the card it doesn't work. I click on mount card and it tries to mount for a moment but it's not successful. Is this thing dead? or any other ideas or utilities I can use to get this thing going again? Thanks

Usually Linux excels at recovery of broken storage devices.
It is however not exactly non-trivial.
If you have some Linux experience you could plug it in and have a look in the messages logfile to see what it says.
And try mounting the filesystem.
Just a question, are you trying to recover pictures from it or is this just to be able to continue using the card? Because if it's the latter I'd just toss it, no point in risking loosing valuable pictures in the future if the card is unreliable IMO

Hi, I will definitely check the messages logfile and see what comes up. Thanks so much for the reply. To answer your question, I'm trying to continue using the card. I should mention that I caused the damage to this card when I incorrectly formatted it while trying to create a Windows installation disk.

Back