Is my power supply too low?

TheLogicalDan

Hello, my computer has been acting up recently and I wasn't sure if maybe it was because my power supply was to low. I am about to get a new graphics card, a Radeon HD 6850, do I need a new power supply as well?
My Power Supply is 350w.
If your wondering how my computer is acting up, this is how.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDNIugQjI0A&list=UUqR797Z6EaVIZ9plfeHJVdw&feature=plcp

Other specs.
-8 gigs of ram.
- AMD Anthlon II X2 255 Precessor 3.11 GHz.
-Windows 7 64-bit
- NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT (upgrading to Radeon HD 6950)

The reason for this upgrade is mainly for Battlefield 3. :)

If the card is not defective, I would have to guess at a software problem.
IMO try completely removing all your graphics card drivers, then install the latest stable release, if you haven't already tried that.

I actually just found an update for my graphic cards driver. I will find out after using it for about a day to see if it worked. HOPEFULLY!

If those are temps of a idle PC then it does look a little hot. But I don't think that is the cause of this problem. If your drivers are all up to date. You may want to look into running a fresh install of windows.

May be a thermal (heat) issue

Your problem may be heat related. I would try running the computer with the case cover removed. This will allow the system to run cooler. In fact you could also place a house fan near the system and have it blowing air on the entire pc. If the computer does not slow down or glitch it would appear that you have a thermal problem with the GPU or CPU. Also make sure that your CPU and GPU cooling fans a spinning. It really sounds like a problem with the GPU on your current video card.

Back