Is my video card dying or do I have a week video card?

centrino207

I have been getting lot of choppy video and choppy sound on YouTube even sound that comes in digitized and some times in windows playing video there.

It seem to happen more often when the computer is multitasking and other things running in the background.

Does this sound like my video card is dying? Or could this be driver problem or video codec problem.

Hi Here's a good link with some good information. Give it a look and let us know how things go. Sorry if you have already been here.
https://www.techradar.com/how-to/gaming/how-to-benchmark-your-graphics-card-1320723

Well it is still doing it and not getting better.

Don't know if this will help.

Looking at the system spects...
Processor AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 445 Processor, 3100 Mhz, 3 Core(s), 3 Logical Processor(s)
ATI Radeon HD 4200
Realtek High Definition Audio

May be my be I have buy video card or sound card as onboard one is not powerful enough.

Hi Thanks for your reply. I'm not good with hardware. Maybe other members will have suggestions for you latter.;) We have some good hardware members here on TS

What version is your video drivers? How much system memory do you have? You may simply be running out of system resources as you state this happens when you have other things running in the background. Is this a laptop or desktop?

Back