Status
Not open for further replies.
depends upon how you are wired.

if your system is directly cabled to the modem, then just use
run->cmd /k ipconfig /all
it will be shown at the bottom.

if you have a router between the modem and the system, then

FreewareTown said:
it is not displayed in the router, is there a site or a utility that can tell me?

By default, the time limit is set to 24 hours (most cable modems). some are set to 1 week.

What are you trying to determine? Are you getting a security warning about an expired security certificate?

You might get some clues from the notes on modifying the registry. This information on Windows Server 2003 might be helpful, if not exact.

You have to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry even slightly incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the (322756) article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

DHCP checks for expired leases by using the following registry subkey:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\DhcpServer\Parameters\DatabaseCleanupInterval

By default, when the DHCP Server service is running on Windows Server 2003-based computers, the DatabaseCleanupInterval value is set to 60 (1 hour). When the DHCP Server service is running on a Windows 2000-based computer, the DatabaseCleanupInterval value is set to 1440 (1 day). When the DHCP lease is released, the DHCP server unregisters the DNS record.

You can configure the client's DHCP lease to expire automatically when the client computer is shut down for Windows 2000-based DNS clients or for later versions of DNS clients. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, point to Administrative Tools, then click DHCP
2. Expand the scope for which you want to change the DHCP expiration lease, right-click Scope Options, then click Configure Options.
3. Click the Advanced tab.
4. Click the list that is next to Vendor Class, then click Microsoft Windows Options.
5. Click to select the 002 Microsoft Release CHCP Lease on Shutdown Option check box, then click

FreewareTown said:
it is not displayed in the router, is there a site or a utility that can tell me?
please reply with make/model of the router --
I think you are looking in the wrong location as I've never seen a router yet that did not document
the settings on the WAN side to the modem or ISP.

raybay said:
You might get some clues from the notes on modifying the registry. ....
All this will only document the LAN settings, not the WAN/ISP settings where the public IP address is set. If that's what you need (ie Lan settings) then IPCONFIG /ALL is sufficient.

Your IP will tell you if you call tech support. Or you should be able to call up this information on your router. If not, download the free version of Network Magic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back