Is there any aftermarket cooling for 8800 series?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flowerpower

I'm getting a 8800GTS and was wondering is there any aftermarket cooling for this video card, does anyone know?

Can you recomend something in particular? Are there any that are supposed to be the best?

Edited by Moderator: Removed quote. There`s no need to quote the post directly above your own. ;)

shouldn't this be in the cooling section? o.O

Anyway, there's very few aftermarket coolers out there which will perform better than the stock cooling available. That Thermalright cooler probably is the only air-cooling solution which outperforms stock cooling (you might need to get something to cool the RAM and I/O chip.

Be careful though, the stock cooling will no longer be as effective once removed (ie for AS5 application). Remove only if you've got something better to replace it.

Thanks for the suggestions, i think i'll wait and see how hot it will run, i think that temperature will also depend on the case and airfflow, and i'm getting a full tower with good airflow so may be it wont be that bad. Does anyone know what temperatures are considered acceptable for this card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back