Is there anyway to make my laptop run Skyrim better?

I bought an HP Pavillion DV6 around 2 years ago. Recently I started gaming but I have been limited to the older games that run better on my laptop. I recently bought The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim off steam because it was on sale for $5 (what a deal!). My laptop hardly runs it on the lowest settings with all other applications closed. The movement is choppy and all around terrible. I was wondering if there are any upgrades I can purchase or any settings I can change in order to make it run a little better? Few details about the computer, Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2450 CPU @2.50GHz, RAM: 8.00GB, 64bit OS. I really don't know much about computers so I don't know if any of this is relevant... Thanks in advance!

With having integrated graphics (not a dedicated graphics card), you will most likely never get Skyrim to play properly. Most Laptop computers cannot be upgraded like desktop computer. You are limited to what the manufacture allows you to upgrade (in your case it is just RAM). If you truly want to play Skyrim on your laptop, I would suggest the following settings for running the game:

Resolution: 1280x720 (if this is still choppy - drop to 1024x768 or 800x600)
Antialiasing : OFF
Anisotropic Filtering: OFF
Texture Quality: MEDIUM
Radial Blur Quality: LOW
Shadow Detail: LOW
Decal Quantity: NONE
FXAA: UNCHECKED
ALL Water (Reflect Land/Trees/Objects/Sky): UNCHECKED

Hope this answers your questions. Let us know how this works out for you.

Back